• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:39 PM

I have a long (very!) list of subjects planned in all three scales (where appropriate kits exist) but I'd also like to hear what others would like to see - and it neednít necessarily be main-stream as I'm keen to include some slightly esoteric subjects as well, as small volume productions. All future plans will, of course be dependant on how sales go - It's been suggested that I'm obviously deranged to be introducing a premium range of decals for a minority market in the midst of a world-wide recession - we'll see! I don't intend to be doing German "lozenge" camouflage or other coverings of that sort - my good friend Tom Sollers of Microsculpt is doing those beautifully, the best "lozenge" sheets I've ever seen!:

http://www.microsculpt.com/index.html

Eventually I aim to cover all the major combatants, including Austro-Hungarian (Eduard's Oeffag Albatri are due this year!) and Italian subjects (Macchi M5 flying boat fighters, anyone?) - even some Russians are planned for later. I will also be doing more unit-themed sheets along the lines of the SPADs.

So lets hear your suggestions!

Edited by Rowan Broadbent, 18 February 2009 - 03:40 PM.

#2 cmatthewbacon

cmatthewbacon

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

How about the 1919-20 "Kosciuszko Squadron"?

http://air-combat.su...iuszko_squadron

It would fit nicely in someone's collection along with 303 Sqn Spitfires and Hurricanes...

bestest,
M.

#3 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

How about the 1919-20 "Kosciuszko Squadron"?

http://air-combat.su...iuszko_squadron

It would fit nicely in someone's collection along with 303 Sqn Spitfires and Hurricanes...

bestest,
M.

Now that could be interesting - though some have been done before. Its straying a little into "Blue Rider" territory though and they folded with big stocks of some pretty esoteric stuff! Having said that, I only printed 25 48th and 50 72nd sheets for the Pup (hence the prices), which even I thought was a bit optimistic and they're going very quickly, so I wouldn't rule it out. What scale were you thinking of? I'm also toying with subjects from a few other post-Great War conflicts - even the Spanish Civil War could be a possibility (even if some of the aircraft had too few wings!).

#4 Dave Fleming

Dave Fleming

Completely Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

RFC/RNAS Nieuports! The CCI Book has some lovely schemes, but the (1/72) Eduard kits don't have any RFC markings!

#5 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:38 AM

RFC/RNAS Nieuports! The CCI Book has some lovely schemes, but the (1/72) Eduard kits don't have any RFC markings!

As Daz's dog Churchill would say "owe yesss!"

#6 Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Some say he believes Star Wars is a documentary...

• Members
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:54 AM

I second the call for RFC/RNAS Nieuports.

How about a sheet for 1 (F) Sqn RFC/RAF, with various Nieuports and a selection of SE5a? 1 Sqn is my pet theme in 1/72, and so far I've not come across any decals for them prior to the Hawker Fury days.

#7 Gregg Cooper

Gregg Cooper

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:23 PM

Please, oh please, do a sheet on Sopwith Triplanes and a sheet on Sopwith Strutters!!
I am a HUGE fan of operational aircraft, not just "pretty faces".
The famous aces on any type are especially attractive to myself and my buddies.
Combat aircraft were built for combat....keep the operational subjects coming, and thanks for a great new product!
Gregg Cooper

#8 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:54 AM

I second the call for RFC/RNAS Nieuports.

How about a sheet for 1 (F) Sqn RFC/RAF, with various Nieuports and a selection of SE5a? 1 Sqn is my pet theme in 1/72, and so far I've not come across any decals for them prior to the Hawker Fury days.

I'm not sure that I'll do a specific sheet for 1 Sqn, but their machines will feature on future sheets, for sure!

#9 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:11 AM

Please, oh please, do a sheet on Sopwith Triplanes and a sheet on Sopwith Strutters!!
I am a HUGE fan of operational aircraft, not just "pretty faces".
The famous aces on any type are especially attractive to myself and my buddies.
Combat aircraft were built for combat....keep the operational subjects coming, and thanks for a great new product!
Gregg Cooper

Thanks for the message of support - much appreciated!

I am so much in agreement on the operational bit - I'll leave the training "pretty-boys" to others - mostly!

The Sopwith Triplane will be getting the same sort of treatment as the Pups - lots of options covering all the Naval squadrons - including a full set for Naval 10's Black Flight. This will be the next British themed set, in all probability, in 48th and 72nd scales. A bit later this year.

Strutters are a little more difficult; I need to do quite a bit on researching the schemes, so if you've got any info, email me! There will also be some French ones at some point as well, which will build on the interest that the Memorial Flight's one will generate when it flys.

http://memorial.flight.free.fr/

R

#10 Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Obi-Jiff Kenobi

• Members
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:38 AM

I'm not sure that I'll do a specific sheet for 1 Sqn, but their machines will feature on future sheets, for sure!

:kissing2: Darling, I love you!

#11 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:44 PM

:kissing2: Darling, I love you!

Steady on old chap, I know you're wearing a dress in your avatar, but all the same...I mean to say....crikey!

Good job I didn't say Iwas going to do a full sheet of No 1 sqn.... :analintruder:

#12 Mike

Mike

Proud dad

• Root Admin
  • 1,030,290 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:59 PM

Some low vis 1:144 decals for an F-117 maybe? :lol:

:wicked:

#13 Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Obi-Jiff Kenobi

• Members
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

I know you're wearing a dress in your avatar...

It's a robe - honest!

By the way, if you have any plans for a sheet of Sopwith Snipes, I'd be seriously grateful if you could include at least one 1 Sqn machine from their post-WWI deployment to the Middle East.

#14 Dave Fleming

Dave Fleming

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

How about one for Captured stuff? RFC Fokkers and Albatroses for example? I've got plenty of references!!

#15 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

Some low vis 1:144 decals for an F-117 maybe? :lol:

:wicked:

Look, I've warned you....

Low viz? they'll be low viz allright - positively invisible!!!

Now clear off and let the grown-ups talk.

bloody kids.....

#16 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:49 PM

It's a robe - honest!

By the way, if you have any plans for a sheet of Sopwith Snipes, I'd be seriously grateful if you could include at least one 1 Sqn machine from their post-WWI deployment to the Middle East.

Almost getting into Silver Wings territory there, but never say never..... Is the Toko kit still around in midget scale? I seem to recall that wasn't too bad. I've got a Blue Max 48th one on the go - well in a box more like. I'd certainly like to do that in some "different" markings, Barker's stripey one was very nice and the story of his quick last flip before going on leave was stirring stuff, but nearly everyone does that one so I'd have a vested interest in doing something in that line. It'll probably be a way down the road, though.

#17 Rowan Broadbent

Rowan Broadbent

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

How about one for Captured stuff? RFC Fokkers and Albatroses for example? I've got plenty of references!!

Interesting.....It might work quite well with a reverse markings theme - some from each side on the same sheet perhaps? I'll give that a coat of lookingat.

#18 Obi-Jiff Kenobi

Obi-Jiff Kenobi

• Members
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:49 AM

Toko's 1/72 Snipe appears to be out of production at the moment, but it can still be found, I'm sure. I'd like to see more options for wartime machines, even if you don't do a post-war 1 Sqn aeroplane.

#19 Dave Fleming

Dave Fleming

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:40 PM

The Snipe can be in an Eastern Express boxing as well.

Some generic roundels might be useful as well.

#20 drdave

drdave

Established Member

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

One of the troubles with Dr1s is choosing a scheme without the streaky green scheme. Yet more colourful non-green Fokkers?
Non RFC Camels in 1/32? Stripey 1RNAS Camels? Polish Albatrosses?