Bundesmarine Zipper

hatchet

Here's the kit I'm hoping to do for the GB

MarinefliegerStarfighter.jpg

1/72 Hasegawa F-104S/F-104G Starfighter kit. I'll add Kormorans and Sidewinders from Airfix' RAF/NATO Weapons Set.

Hopefully, I'll end up with something similar to this.

More to come :)

Edited by hatchet

Great choice Martin :thumbsup2:

I've got the same kit in the stash which I was planning on finishing in the same scheme, so I'll be keeping an eye out for some hints and tips ;)

Thanks all, I'm looking forward to it myself!

It'll be on the back-burner until I get the Tornado done, but there should be plenty of time after that :)

I need something to do when things on the Fin is curing too!

It seems that you're really back in the business, Martin!

Good to know that.

Thanks Antoine! Yes, I've gotten the bug back :yahoo: I'm focussing real hard on not getting caught up in too much AMS :wacko:
Have one in the Revell box
I didn't even know Revell had re-boxed it! I suppose that's the one in the Luftwaffe Anniversary box then?

Thanks mate.

Are you safe from the fires buddy?

Hi Martin,

Yes indeed, quite safe and not suffering any bushfire issues locally, or from the vagaries of the Australian climate as those in other parts have been (floods to the north, drought throughout much of the country etc). Thanks very much for your concern though, very kind.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Zipper when you get 'round to starting it. I have a removal to complete in the near future, so don't have the freedom to kick on with my desired builds. Pity, as I'd just started to get back in the groove. Oh well.

Andrew.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am actually doing some work on this!

One of the Kormorans

MarinefliegerStarfighter001.jpg

MarinefliegerStarfighter002.jpg

MarinefliegerStarfighter003.jpg

They are quite nice actually, even if they have gotten an ex-Matchbox employee to make the panel-lines :analintruder:

The rear end detail is done solely from memory, as I haven't been able to find any pictures of it

I also fitted the gun-fairing

MarinefliegerStarfighter004.jpg

Although 'fit' is a big word to use :wacko:

Note also the nicely detailed fingerprint :banghead:

Just a tip if the airfix ones dont work out there are some very nice Komoran missiles in the Hasegawa Tornado Marinefleiger edition.
I'd like to get my hands on that kit! I'll need some extra launch-rails tho' :evil_laugh:

Nice choice Martin, as you know I do like a good Widow Maker, and in your hands I know she'll be worth waiting for :worthy:

Bex

Nice choice Martin, as you know I do like a good Widow Maker, and in your hands I know she'll be worth waiting for :worthy:

Bex

:lol: Thanks Bex, no pressure then! Don't get your hopes too high tho'. I want to finish it, not get bogged down in some scratchbuilding, detailing nightmare!

Awesome, looking forward to this as the good old 104 is my favourite. Probably a tad late but I have a 72nd verlinden update set for sale if your intrested :winkgrin:
Thanks mate, but it's not really neccesary. It'll be built in-flight, so superdetailing sets would be nigh on a waste of money :)

More done :)

Some grey on the sides

MarinefliegerStarfighter005.jpg

Black on the side consoles

MarinefliegerStarfighter006.jpg

Out-of-focus bang-seat during painting

MarinefliegerStarfighter007.jpg

IP. It's made from clear styrene, not sure how I feel about that

MarinefliegerStarfighter008.jpg

Black as background for the dials

Now with white background

MarinefliegerStarfighter009.jpg

The orange for the radarscreen is Vallejo Flourescent Orange backed by Citadel Blood Red and Mithril Silver. Seems to work ok :)

Focus man! :whip:

MarinefliegerStarfighter010.jpg

Compressor face and afterburner trunking. The comp was done py painting the ribs and drybrushing the blades with Citadel Chainmail

MarinefliegerStarfighter011.jpg

All for now :)

IP. It's made from clear styrene, not sure how I feel about that

MarinefliegerStarfighter008.jpg

Black as background for the dials

Now with white background

MarinefliegerStarfighter009.jpg

The orange for the radarscreen is Vallejo Flourescent Orange backed by Citadel Blood Red and Mithril Silver. Seems to work ok :)

All for now :)

Now that I like because it does look good :thumbsup2: I also have a funny feeling you've got the detailing bug with this one :wicked:

Bexy

A little bit more

Milliputted the gun fairing

MarinefliegerStarfighter012.jpg

I think I'm getting the hang of this milliput-malarkey :)

Jürgens seat

MarinefliegerStarfighter013.jpg

Jürgen himself

MarinefliegerStarfighter014.jpg

All for now - except, would any of you happen to have seen a 1/72 assembled Airfix Kormoran with a slightly modified rear end? I can't find the bloody thing :wacko:

Yet more!

Jürgen in his seat

MarinefliegerStarfighter015.jpg

Flightsuit Tamiya NATO Green, harness Tamiya Khaki, helmet Citadel Skull White, gloves, O2 mask and seat cushion Citadel Chaos Black, ejection handle Citadel Sunburst Yellow and seat is Xtracrylics FS16251. The seat should have been, I think it was, FS16261 and the cushion Royal Blue, but I don't have those. Close enough for government work ;)

Afterburner and nozzle in progress

MarinefliegerStarfighter016.jpg

Nozzle is done with Citadel Chainmail and Boltgun Metal

Seat and Jürgen installed

MarinefliegerStarfighter017.jpg

MarinefliegerStarfighter018.jpg

I've drybrushed the side consoles a bit

Good going Martin. Hope you find your Kormoran!
I did :yahoo:

All for now. Next week will be a 2-job week, so don't expect too much from me during it :)

All for now. Next week will be a 2-job week, so don't expect too much from me during it :)

:hmmm: Either you will use the "Im busy at work" excuse or you will have succumb to your natural urges and produce a super detailed :viking: 72nd scale masterpiece.............

Bexy say 10 to 1 Option 2 :yahoo:

Bexy

MarinefliegerStarfighter002.jpg

Well, found a pic, in a book, of the bottom-end of a Kormoran. It appears there's three holes there, a fairly small one in the middle with a bigger one on either side.

So...

Nah, can't be bothered :)