When will we ever see a SAAB Draken in 1/48th - discuss

Hi Jon,

I think that Panther productions (John Wilkes) had some ideas of a 1/32 Draken - possibly vacform - as a future release. However, if it doesn't transpire, I would like to have a crack at a complete 1/32 resin kit (I already have the pattern profiles ready).

Cheers

Derek

I bought a Lindberg one from Al Bussie at oldmodelkits.com. There seem to be a fair few knocking around. They do need quite a bit of work to get vaguely right though. Hence why I haven't built mine!

At a guess I'd say our best source of salvation is NeOmega. After all they kitted the Viggen cockpit and the whole Tunan in 1/48 and I understand that sold very well. I did ask them at Telford last year when I picked up my Tunan if they would do a Draken too and the guy on the stand gave me a knowing smile (ok, maybe that was wishful thinking on my part and his smile was more to do with the £50 I was giving him for the Flying Beer Barrel....).

It would be a meaty piece of resin but I'd buy at least 3.... Come on Gordon and Alexei! You know it makes sense!

I bought a Lindberg one from Al Bussie at oldmodelkits.com. There seem to be a fair few knocking around. They do need quite a bit of work to get vaguely right though. Hence why I haven't built mine!

I also picked one of these up off ebay some time ago. I've never seen anyone do the necessary on one of these though - could be made to look ok with the effort. Sold the same way.

I also picked one of these up off ebay some time ago. I've never seen anyone do the necessary on one of these though - could be made to look ok with the effort. Sold the same way.

There is a guy on ARC who did one

Draken 1/48

A good job of a bad kit but even he didn#'t have the guts to have a go at getting the canopy right!