Tauro Models

timbo33

I'm watching a couple of Tauro Models on eBay - 1/48 Italian types - I take it that Tauro are probably Italian? Esci and Italerei put out some decent enough stuff, any experience/ views on these? :whistle:

Don't expect anything like Hase or the God tamiya's quality. I had one of those a few years ago, poor moulding of some parts, esp. where the sprue gates merge into the smaller items. I belive it had an engine as well.

It hit the bin after a few weeks attempting to put it together.

Still, if you're into armwrestling or a touch of SM, it might be for you.

W

ps

Yes, it's Italian.

Edited by Wolfpack

Having built three of them (two 202s and a 205), don't wast your money. Not one penny. Stay with the Hase offerings.

The Tauro kits are over engineered messes. They make ICM look like state of the art Tamiya.

When there were no options, and you had to have a Macchi, that was all there was. But we have progressed, we are finding ways to conquer AIDS and Tauro Macchi kits.

......The Tauro kits are over engineered messes.......

Thanks Steven,

When you say 'over-engineered' does that mean over-complicated or just stupidly thick plastic?

I'll probably heed your warning and that of Wolpack and avoid this, though there is a kind of weird curiosity urging me to buy one just to see how bad it is!!!

Thanks

Tim

By over engineered I mean the whole nine yards if fiddly bits, a complete engine and individual exhausts that are mere blobs. You WILL NEED after market exhaust or stolen from a 109 kit (after all it was a DB engine).

It is also made of very soft plastic.

It is a character builder. But at the end of the day, why not just get the Hase kit.

I did this one many many years ago when it first came out. It was the only game in town Getting the nose and back plate of the spinner to line up is a bit of a chore. Leave out the engine and use the fire wall.

See for yourself.

P1000006.JPG

P1000007.JPG

P1000008.JPG

TauroMc202Inst001.jpg

TauroMc202Inst002.jpg

TauroMc202Inst003.jpg

TauroMc202Inst004.jpg

TauroMc202Inst005.jpg

TauroMc202Inst006.jpg

Steven vastly understates the amount of work he had to do to get that nice looking result. I had the MC.205 in the stash for awhile, but knew my skills just weren't up to the job of getting a nice result, so I ended up selling mine, and then a year later the Hasegawa kit came out. At first I feared it was a rebox of Tauro's kit, but thank goodness it wasn't !

I've got to say that the more you guys tell me to avoid it, the more intrigued I am!!! Steven from the look of those instructions it's a lot of kit....I might just spend a couple of quid just to see what's in the box!!! :analintruder: