Tamiya Land Rover Ambulance

Guest snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

Well i'm going to build this kit, just got it out of my dusty pile and check out the price label, £4.99, CHRIST thats been in there for a while!!! :whistling:

S8000540.jpg

cheers

pete

Guest snipersmudge

well i've started the kit, here area couple of pics, i'm trying to build out the box for a change. ihave not glued all the parts together, rather i have left them in sub assembiles for painting later

S8000549.jpg

S8000550.jpg

cheers

pete

The moulded detail seems quite good, panel fit is perhaps a little too good for an old Landy though ;)

You've certainly made headway with her today, keep up the good work Pete.

Guest snipersmudge

for a 70's kit it's got some nice detail on it, i'm planning to do a vehicle sans Sailsbury plain so i've added some acrylic texture gel and static grass to the chassis cos its gonna be muddy!!

motorway.gif

Guest snipersmudge

here is a small update on the build, i've used tamiya XF 65, field grey for the main colour, in my opinion an excellent match for a weary old landrover!!

note the newspaper in the dash made from rizla paper

S8000553.jpg

I've also added a thermos flash, remember the hidious colours they used be in the 70's?

S8000554.jpg

S8000555.jpg

here's the rear body

S8000556.jpg

I've weathered the cab with some mig powders and silver pencil. I'm going to paint this in sub assemblies then when it's all toghter i'll paint the black camo by hand

cheers

pete

Edited by snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge
Bloody hell thats Nice work

Can I send you the Tank to paint for me :analintruder:

he he but you are doing so well sean, here's some more pics, just been out in the garden, everything is just dry fitted. i decided to paint the black now as i've got to gloss for the decals, matt down then fit the windows!

i've used heavly thinned revell 6 which gives a nice charcoal colour, any lines in the black will vanish once weathering commences.

S8000557.jpg

S8000558.jpg

S8000559.jpg

S8000560.jpg

S8000561.jpg

Edited by snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

here is a further update, decals are on, matt varnish applied and then glass fitted, just final weathering to do

S8000573.jpg

S8000574.jpg

S8000575.jpg

S8000576.jpg

cheers

pete