Airfix 1/48 Canberra B.2

Stephen

Going to do this one myself.

As John rightly says TT18 wings and orange drop tanks were fitted. RAF roundels on wing tops painted out with a grey slightly darker than dark sea grey. German crosses on starboard lower and port upper wings only. Panel with windows above the navs position isnt flush fitting. The aircraft in the museum is missing at least two blade aerials on top and below fuselage and a towel rack one, other pics of this aircraft in Airliners.net show whats missing. The museum pics show the aeroplane looking sadly worse for wear, it was in much better condition when flying.

HTH

Andy

Edited by andym

Yes ,the Airfix tip tanks are incorrect profile. (use Mike Belchers after market tanks).

Also the right hand D/V window on the canopy needs to be polished out as only the T4 had two D/V windows.

The Belcher Bits tip tanks were modelled after the CA B-57 kit, which has the right size tanks. When compared, the difference at the forward end is most noticeable. How does the rudder fit to the fin on the B.2? On my B8, the rudder was about 2mm too wide, which I discovered when I went to fit it.

DelPen