Aeroclub Avro Tutor in 1/48

Elias

Does anybody have ever build this one?

I have it in stock for many years,but haven't found enouth info on it,to start building it.

I have some drawings but nothing special.

Where can i find some photos,drawings of the interior etc?

Edited by Elias

There was a build article in an old issue of SAM - I don't have this issue but the article was published about 1990

Search this site for "Tutor" - Scale Aircraft Modelling Index <http://www.rquirk.com/smindx.html>

The Shuttleworth Collection has a Tutor and I am sure that a google of Avro and Tutor and Shuttleworth will give you something to work on

Does anybody have ever build this one?

I have it in stock for many yeras,but haven't found enouth info on it,to start building it.

I have some drawings but nothing special.

Where can i find some photos,drawings of the interior etc?

I built this kit about ten years ago as a 616 Squadron machine after being given a photo of one outside Hanger 4 at RAF Doncaster. The model is now at the South Yorkshire Air Museum, which is actually in Hanger 4 of the old RAF Doncaster.

I used photos of I took of the Shuttleworth machine, sadly I can't post them as they are prints. I found Aeroclubs plans to be a great help. :thumbsup2:

Hope this is of some help.

There was a build article in an old issue of SAM - I don't have this issue but the article was published about 1990

Search this site for "Tutor" - Scale Aircraft Modelling Index <http://www.rquirk.com/smindx.html>

The Shuttleworth Collection has a Tutor and I am sure that a google of Avro and Tutor and Shuttleworth will give you something to work on

Yes i found it.It's the #11 Vol12 issue.

I'll sure try to get it.

Thanks

Edited by Elias

Does anybody know which colors i have to use for the interior of such a biplane?

I think a part of the fuselage is made from metal and some other of linen

Edited by Elias

Does anybody know which colors i have to use for the interior of such a biplane?

I think a part of the fuselage is made from metal and some other of linen

The interior metal framing is semi-gloss mid Grey,(I'm sure early ones were black) any stringers visible are varnished wood, instrument panel is black. Fabric on the inside is normally a cream, sometimes streaked with dark pink (where the red tautening dope bleeds through). Exterior metal work such as struts are gloss black. engine gear case and crankcase are aluminium with black cylinders and rocker covers. Note the the front cockpit sides are painted grey metal sheet on the inside and the compass is missing from the hole in the panel like in the TigerMoth panel below.

John

Avro326.jpg

CopyofTiger018.jpg

Picture Galbraith via Musson

Edited by John Aero

This is fabric stripped from the Shuttleworth Tutor when it was finished in Trainer Yellow:

240444091.jpg

On the inside it has this appearance:

240444096.jpg

The primer coat leaches through the linen to give a streaky/fabric weave pink finish inside.

peebeep

Many thanks for your post peebeep!

It was very usefull!