Eduard Albatros D.V

eng

Hello,

Not a part of the forums I normally frequent but after much dithering I picked up a Eduard Albatros D.V for "something different" to have a go at, I've also had a Camel in the stash since it was first issued.

As WW1 stuff isn't my normal field of construction, I was wondering if there are any good online sites relating to the Albatros D.V, in particular I was after rigging diagrams.

Thanks for any info, will post some pic's of work so far later.

Eng :thumbsup2:

Edited by eng

:post1: hi , eng . - dosn't the eduard kit have a rigging diagram already ? how about - http://www.wwi-models.org/ or - http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/index.php . good sources for all WW1 models . btw. what scale are you working in ? http://www.wwi-models.org/Images/Miller/re...ros/albfin3.jpg - have you looked at the nasm or australian war museum sites , they have original examples . Edited by blimp

Hello,

Not a part of the forums I normally frequent but after much dithering I picked up a Eduard Albatros D.V for "something different" to have a go at, I've also had a Camel in the stash since it was first issued.

As WW1 stuff isn't my normal field of construction, I was wondering if there are any good online sites relating to the Albatros D.V, in particular I was after rigging diagrams.

Thanks for any info, will post some pic's of work so far later.

Eng :thumbsup2:

ello eng,

That's short for engineer, englebert, engorged (sorry matron), what???

if you pm me your e-mail address I'll scan something for you. I'm guessing that this must be an early Eduard Albert Ross as all the later 1/48th ones have a rigging diagram.

Bienvenue to Britmodeller! we need all the WWI types we can get (its a bit of a grey haven here, you see - and lots of Hitler war and other jet thingies - lots of British stuff though, so I forgive them).

ello eng,

That's short for engineer, englebert, engorged (sorry matron), what???

if you pm me your e-mail address I'll scan something for you. I'm guessing that this must be an early Eduard Albert Ross as all the later 1/48th ones have a rigging diagram.

Bienvenue to Britmodeller! we need all the WWI types we can get (its a bit of a grey haven here, you see - and lots of Hitler war and other jet thingies - lots of British stuff though, so I forgive them).

If you go on the Eduard website you can download pdf files for the instruction sheets for their kits. Some of these sheets will have the rigging diagrams for the albatros.

Nick

Guy's,

Thankyou all for taking the time to reply, it's funny how you can post stuff here and just assume everyone knows what you're talking about!

Left out a few important point's, it's the 1/48 Albatros D.V and the version I've got does have a rigging diagram in the instructions, but it's not exactly clear as to where some of the wires start or terminate. For example at the outer strut lower attachment to the wing there are 5 wires in this area, 3 rigging and 2 aileron cables.

I've a cut-away drawing in issue 106 of "Airplane" magazine from years ago (still very valuable reference material!) and it's pretty good but again not 100% clear, I'm hoping several different pic's will allow all the pieces to fall together.

Rowan - your first guess was spot on, Eng = engineer, I look after A319/320/321 and 737-3/4/500's. PM inbound.

Thank's folks,

Eng