XF-108 Rapier

This is for a USAF 60th Anniversary GB over on whatifmodelers.

Obligatory box-shot

IP1.jpg

Nothing else to report so far, just filling in pin-holes <_<

Any suggestions as to improvements/changes I can make to make her look more like an in-service bird rather than a paper design? I'm already thinking of hanging a couple of AIM-54s under each wing ;)

Considering the plane's proposed performance, then I'd imagine that the weapon's carriage would be internal. One thing you can do to make it appear more like a "proper plane" than a "proposed design" would be to detail it like it was a real aircraft. The detail may not be strictuly accurate, but a representation or suggestion of detail would be an improvement. Some proper deep afterburners, detailed undercarriage and cockpit would go a long way. By the time it reached service, it would surely have some unit markings and maybe a two-letter code as well as serial number. Alternatively, look for it to complement the F-106 in the Fighter Interceptor Squadrons.

Jens

Yes, the weapons carriage was internal (3 Falcons IIRC), but AIM-54s are too big for the bay. As for the cockpit, it has tiny glazing (MACH3 and all that) and very little would be seen of any detailing :(

Markings will be ADC Grey, Oregon ANG :)