F-4K / FG1 - XT872 - 892 NAS, 1972

bexwh773

Sounds like you need glasses :tease:

Hey! That's enough of your noise, you.

I'll have you know that some of us are still in the 20th century, using 13" CRT monitors.

Honestly, I have to admit that I have a paif of "cheaters" that I use when I'm doing some up close detail work.

And you kids stay offa my lawn! :clif:

:rofl: Whats a 13" CRT Mista :lol:

Seriously though, atleast I didnt need a magnifying glass like I did with my Cabriolet Canberra :nerd:

Bexy

Ok what was CRT? :tease:

Grrrr. Always with the people cracking wise.

Now, if I may, I'll show what my keen eye and steady hand is, or at least was, capable of doing.

IMG_1205.jpg

That's a 1/35 scale figure that I handpainted the VF-111 shoulder patch on. The hand is still steady, but I'll admit that I might need a little vision augmentation to do that sort of closeup work nowadays. *sigh*

Here's what the patch is painted on.

sundownerpilot.jpg

I think that I did a better job on the patch on his shoulder than I did the one that I painted on the base.

I used to collect flight gear, I've had more than one person tell me that they think that figure looks just like me, when I was all kitted up. Although I also did one of these figures for a friend who flew Phantoms with VF-92, with the helmet painted appropriately, and he said that it looked just like him, that he stood just like that when he was all geared up, ready to go fly. *shrug*

But, that's enough diverting away from your F-4 and the great job you've done overcoming the problems that you've encountered, bexwh773. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. ;)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind comments, dont worry about the diversion Gregg, that normally happens with my build threads :rofl:

The nightmares continue, firstly from the first two photos we have a liberal dose of Promodeller Dark Wash, over the top of FIVE coats of varnish.............

DSCF3851.jpg

DSCF3850.jpg

So I removed it after a few days and what happens to the decals under FIVE did I say FIVE coats of varnish? Look at the photos :suicide:

So far so good :yahoo:

DSCF3855.jpg

Still happy :yahoo:

DSCF3856.jpg

Now Toys, Pram, Out of Throwing..... BUGGER :doh::suicide::banghead:

DSCF3857.jpg

DSCF3858.jpg

All in all Im getting close to a serious sense of humour failure with this one, but Ive got the rocket pods done & 2 Mikes resin wheels painted, and nearly finished the cockpit.

Thanks for looking and any comments, good, bad, plain sarcastic or you just fancy a good laugh at my expense (yes Im serious it will make me laugh) always welcome :yahoo:

Bexy

over the top of FIVE coats of varnish.............

Well, at least it's waterproof. ;)

I've never seen decals do what those have done. Heck, even the almost completely unco-operative markings that I forced to work on my Classic Airframes Wyvern held up better. :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

THanks for the comments Gang, as normal youve been keeping me from launching this into a wall or changing my nickname from Queen of the Naughty Corner to The Hammer Queen :yikes:

Right then, Martin Bakers Rapid Departure Devices now finished and installed, canopy on and locked down, needing just a smidge more paint, rocket pods and wheels on.

Anyways, heres a few pics for your persuals :thumbsup2:

Thanks for looking :yahoo:

Bexy

DSCF3935.jpg

DSCF3936.jpg

DSCF3937.jpg

DSCF3938.jpg

DSCF3940.jpg

DSCF3941.jpg

The not quite authentic Carrier Deck (but its all ive got)

DSCF3942.jpg

DSCF3943.jpg

Phine looking phantom there Bex...especially after all the problems you have had with her, its lucky she hasnt hit a wall yet.

underside nice and dirty too...nice!!

home stretch now :)

steve

Edited by kspriss

Thanks Steve, she has been a right Royal Pain in the bottom, and not long now, tomorrow will see her glued to the base once Ive painted the canopy :lol:

Bexy