My Yeovilton Pictures

Richard E

I've spent enough time looking at everyone else's pictures so I've taken the plunge and created my own Photobucket Account.

Belgian Air Component F16A (MLU) FA101 - 1 Squadron/2 Wing

Belgian_F16AMLU_FA101.jpg

Patrouille Swiss doing their stuff

Northrop_F5E_Patrouille_Swi.jpg

Hawker Hunter FGA9 XE601 - Ex Royal Aircraft Establishment

Hawker_Hunter_FGA9_XE601.jpg

Supermarine Seafire XVII operated by Kennet Aviation

Supermarine_Seafire_XVII_SX.jpg

DHFS Bell Griffin HT1 ZJ238 Y

Bell_Griffin_HT1_ZJ238.jpg

And just for Mike, a Hog ....................

A10A_Thunderbolt_II_82-0654.jpg

Edited by Richard E

Nice, were these shot on digital? Some (like the hunter) have a very 'filmy' look about them as if they've been scanned. if they're digital then it's a neat trick :)

I considered Yeovilton this year but it clashed with Legends. At one point I had the crazy plan of flying down with Classic wings from Coventry, but in a rare moment of common sense I abandoned the idea. Did the Greek A-7s make it down?

Steve.

Steve

Thanks for the feedback. They're all digital, shot with a Nikon D70S and a Sigma 50 - 500 mm lens then tweeked slightly in Photoshop to adjust the temperature and exposure slightly, there's no science behind it, I just "fiddle" until I'm happy with the outcome.

Sadly the Greek Corsairs, BAe Skyhawk and the Antonov were all no shows this year.

there's no science behind it, I just "fiddle" until I'm happy with the outcome.

I'm very well acquainted with that technique myself :) . Bugger about the cancellations, but I must get down one year if only to see the commando assault.

Steve.

Sorry, phat phinger trouble.....

Nice to have a phellow Nikonian amongst the gathering hoards of Canonheads! Love the Pat de Suisse....your turn Thunderbirds ...impress us!

This weekend (RIAT Sunday) will mostly using a Nikon D80 and an 18-200VR and another lens depending what's on the shelf in the shop.

This weekend (RIAT Sunday) will mostly using a Nikon D80 and an 18-200VR and another lens depending what's on the shelf in the shop.

If you're going Sunday it might be worth checking the shelves for a waterproof housing too. Hopefully that'll change in the next few days though.

Steve.

If you're going Sunday it might be worth checking the shelves for a waterproof housing too. Hopefully that'll change in the next few days though.

Steve.

Saw the forecast yesterday... I think flippers & a wetsuit might be more appropriate!!! :shocked:

I went to this too. My first time at this show - generally good, although I was disappointed to find that the ticket didn't include admission ot the museum as well. Weather was very good considering how it had been all week - in fact, it was a little too good as my brother ended up looking a bit like a beetroot - we had taken all sort of waterproof gear but no sun cream!

Anyway, here are one or two of my pics. Nowhere near as good as those above sadly. Click on the thumbnails for hi-res images.

suisse_1.jpg

suisse_3.jpg

suisse_5.jpg

flying_seaking_5.jpg

flying_chinook_1.jpg

Nice pics all around. Having just returned from the UK I'm about to upload my own pics from Yeovilton. Stand by.

Kyrre