Duxford Flying Legends 2007

Darius at Home

At last the weather held good - just a few spots of rain and the odd dark cloud - but other than that warm sunshine. After walking the flight line I perused the flea market and had a nice chat with Ian of Heritage Aviation. Looking forward to the Grob Vigilant and Tutor (awaiting decals so Ian told me).

Pictures taken from the TFC enclosure.

:giles:

Darius

IMGP0341.jpg

IMGP0348.jpg

IMGP0350.jpg

IMGP0357.jpg

IMGP0367.jpg

IMGP0369.jpg

IMGP0382.jpg

IMGP0378.jpg

IMGP0384.jpg

IMGP0391.jpg

IMGP0397.jpg

IMGP0403.jpg

IMGP0411.jpg

Nice shots Darius. I like the Balbo and the B-25 top side. Glad to see you got a decent one of the F-15E Dedication pass too, he was ripping some vapour wasn't he? I was surprised how fast he came in - much quicker than the F-15C at RIAT last year I thought. He caught me on the hop slightly - suffice to say every shot I took of that ended up in the bin! (though I did get a eye-wateringly sharp one...that cropped off just behind the canopy - Doh!!)

I did at least find the Heritage stand this time, but I'd already 'blown my wad' on a Hobbyboss A-10 (Mike's fault, he more or less told me to do it!)

Great to see the sun again for the first time since Biggin!

Just finished editing mine - should be posting a few tomorrow.

Steve.

Really fantastic pics Darius. Sadly I couldn't make it, but reall awe inspiring stuff - many thanks! Regards, Geoff

Great shots Darius, I like the big formation shot in particular.

Reminds me of the last Wroughton War Bird display back a few years....I think they managed 92 a/c in the fly past....2x B-17s and a Lanc in formation....awesome! Guess which muppett didn't bother taking a camera to that show? :banghead:

Sunday at Duxford.

Many pics where taken. This is my favorite one.

I must buy myself one of those huge lenses that need a JCB to prop up. I felt left out, what wiv my little one poking out. :analintruder:

As some of you may be aware, Jets just don't do it for me... BUT!! I have to admit to being blown away by the sheer power and grace of the F15. Apart from the Lanc, that beauty made my day... Awesome!

Cheers.

Bob Von Buckle

lanc.jpg

Really good piccies Darius, many thanks for sharing them here. I couldn't make it this year, first time in many years .

Particularly like the Hurricanes with the perfect white clouds and blue sky - thats what airshows are all about!

Edited by mikeew

I did Duxford yesterday, drove straight in parked right on the line almost, never saw one windbreak and they called over the tanoy "them with ladders please keep to the rear" but we still had some greedy thoughtless B***ards up front we even had one guy climbed on top of the portacabin roof which got right in our wiew of them coming in to land. Took a few pics and will put them up on weshots when they are processed. had a realy good but expensive day, cafe chaged a fortune for full english and that didn't include a cup of tea, then another £4.00 to walk the line to take pics? if it had been near Nottingham I would swear it was Robin Hood's brother organising it. drove out of the place in appx two mins at the end and all in all had a good day well done Duxford.

Ted

18-Gladiator.jpg

Edited by tedtaylor

Fab shots Darius! :speak_cool:

That girl on the wing is quite easy on the eyes :D

Would someone please explain to the jet-guy what a Balbo is? :confused:

:viking:

The Balbo is named after Italo Balbo an Italian air marshal who believed in massive flights of aircraft flying together, so now when ever you have a lot of aircraft flying together it is now called a "Balbo". If you want some more info on Italo Balbo theres a link below, hope that helped.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italo_Balbo :viking::speak_cool:

Edited by KiwiSteve

Can I ask what Camera you used ?

Clarkie, I used a Pentax K100D Digital SLR with a 50-200mm lens set at 200mm with +1.5 exposure compensation (+2.0 when the sun was out from behind the clouds)

:giles:

Darius

Brill - thanks.

I ask because my old camera has died a nasty death and I'm after a replacement.

Your pictures are excellent but then your skills with the camera come into play as well and I realise I can't purchase that as well as a camera.

I'm after a good all rounder I guess as I need it from anything from close in pix for web development right up to trying to take images such as those you took at Duxford over the weekend.

The Balbo is named after Italo Balbo an Italian air marshal who believed in massive flights of aircraft flying together, so now when ever you have a lot of aircraft flying together it is now called a "Balbo". If you want some more info on Italo Balbo theres a link below, hope that helped.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italo_Balbo :viking::speak_cool:

Thanks Steve :speak_cool:

:viking:

Edited by hatchet