The Brick

STUNNING Buccaneer Calum, great to have you aboard, and please don't hesitate to post any of your other work , regardless of nationality !

Great builds Calum, all of them.

Mike, would it be worthwhile to have a Commonwealth section? I'm building some SAAF thingies at the moment, I'll post some piccies when I finally get a decent digi camera.

Great builds Calum, all of them.

Mike, would it be worthwhile to have a Commonwealth section? I'm building some SAAF thingies at the moment, I'll post some piccies when I finally get a decent digi camera.

Hmmmm... I don't see the harm in posting them in the main forum. I'm pretty certain everyone will enjoy seeing the differences between them & their British counterparts. I know I will :D

Still - if the content warrants it, we can add one later & migrate the relevant topics over. :thumbsup:

Damn fine Calum! Love the weathering.

Can you provide the basic steps you used to create that effect?

nothing special,

The panel lines were washed with (enamel) raw umber or the like. Other streaks etc were done with a short hard brush and pastel chalks. I had a few pictures of this aircraft so I copied what I saw. Hence the real dirty look. the big black mark by the nose art isn't a fingerprint but was on the actual aircraft. In hindsight I wish I'd left it off.

The hardest part was getting a paint colour that matched the colour of the aircraft. Desert Pink didn't stay pink for long.

• 1 year later...

Great build with fantastic weathering - very impressive :worthy:

The Bucc was never called the Brick in service though.

Please post more of your builds :speak_cool:

Wez

nice build mate! :thumbsup: seen this many moons ago on another site .I thought that of most of the desert camo kits i seen ,yours was the best weathered! :smartass:

most didnt put enough weathering ,you seem to have nailed it.

And the rbf tags really set it off :hobbyhorse:

• 2 weeks later...