Yeovilton arrivals - some pics

Grant

A cloudy and very windy day. quiet compared with previous years but some quality stuff came in.

Most photos are on 'real' film, but here is a taste from my little digital camera.

wasp_merlin.jpg

andover.jpg

rapide.jpg

swiss.jpg

typhoon.jpg

Nice displays from the last two.

cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

I couldnt make the show this year.

I love your pic of the merlin and the wasp Grant.

If you or anyone else have any of the wasp close up, i would be very thankful if you could post them.

if im correct is it in the falkland temp colour?

:offtopic: at little. Last year at the Yeovilton show i almost had my eyebrows removed by a flaming tornado. does anyone know what happened to it to make it self destruct?

Wayne

Yes - it's "based" on it

:offtopic: at little. Last year at the Yeovilton show i almost had my eyebrows removed by a flaming tornado. does anyone know what happened to it to make it self destruct?

Wayne

These may explain all.................

ARC Discussion Board Link

UK Air Show Review discussion Board Link

Yes - it's "based" on it

These may explain all.................

ARC Discussion Board Link

UK Air Show Review discussion Board Link

thanks for that Richard, i have been wondering for the last year.

Wayne

What's with the Andover? I thought we got rid of them years ago?

It's the UK's Open Skies aircraft, it is operated out of Boscombe Down and is used to perform verification overflights as part of arms reduction agreements.

HTH

Richard

Edited by Richard E

• 1 month later...

If you or anyone else have any of the wasp close up, i would be very thankful if you could post them.

Wayne

Hello All,

I'm a new member here. Like the site - but can't find the Walkaround section????

Talking of WA, I put up a Westland Scout close-ups from the Falklands memorial exhibit at Y-T this year at www.Primeportal.net and should be putting up some rather more extensive WASP images at some time in future.

Jon

Hello All,

I'm a new member here. Like the site - but can't find the Walkaround section????

Talking of WA, I put up a Westland Scout close-ups from the Falklands memorial exhibit at Y-T this year at www.Primeportal.net and should be putting up some rather more extensive WASP images at some time in future.

Jon

Hi Jon & :welcome: to the site.

The Walkaround section's not up & running yet, as we're waiting for the latest version of the gallery software we intend to use to be released before we set it up. It's taking longer than expected (doesn't it always?), but once it's out, we'll make the purchase & get it started :)

If anyone's got stuff on CD that they want to put in the walkaround section, just PM me & I'll give you my snailmail address to send your submissions to - thanks! ^_^