Xtrakit 1/72 Sea Vixen FAW.2

Paul

This GB seems like an excellent opportunity to overcome my fear of this kit!

DSC04086.jpg

I hoping to build XJ580 of 899 NAS using these decals from a modelcraft rebox of the frog kit, from which I'm also using the four red tops.

DSC04090.jpg

Looking forward with some trepidation to making a start.

Well I certainly don't envy for tackling this kit Paul, but I'm pleased nonetheless- can't have too many Sea Vixens :D

XJ580?! I shall be watching this one with a LOT of interest as she is a local one for me, being just up the road from Tangmere! Crack on fella!!! I'd build her myself if only there was a Sea Vixen in 1:48. With a decent and accurate tooling. Mainstream manufaturers take note!!! :whistle:

XJ580?! I shall be watching this one with a LOT of interest as she is a local one for me, being just up the road from Tangmere! Crack on fella!!! I'd build her myself if only there was a Sea Vixen in 1:48. With a decent and accurate tooling. Mainstream manufaturers take note!!! :whistle:

Hopefully you will not have to wait long as Airfix have listed the 1:48 Sea Vixen on thier website.

Jon

Hopefully you will not have to wait long as Airfix have listed the 1:48 Sea Vixen on thier website.

Jon

hoorah!!! I'll add one to the wish list!!! :yahoo:

Right, the cockpit is in (pilots seat from the spares box) and work has begun on the dreaded intakes.

Also, I've made some adjustments to the booms on the upper wing to allow for the saddle tanks.

Vix3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I seem to have neglected posting updates on progress for a while, its so slow!

SeaVix5.jpg

SeaVix6.jpg

Just got to complete the tidying up and scratch a couple of intake guide vanes, then it'll be painted.

I think I may just scrape this one together for the end of the GB.

You're doing a grand job on her Paul, that paint job looks lovely and crisp :thumbsup:

The hard work certainly seems to be paying off :)

Edited by Seamus

And she's done!

SeaVix10.jpg

It was the hardest kit to complete that I've ever done, never again! Unless, I can get some decals for the black FAW.1 that was at Boscombe Down :banghead:

Thanks to Bex and Seamus for hosting the GB, without which this kit would still be languishing on the top of the wardrobe :cheers:

Also thanks to all those who have looked and made such positive comments on the build.

Paul