My 2008 in plastic

Notdoneyet

As it is unlikely that I'll complete my KUTA GB Tornado GR1 by the end of the year the six models here will represent the fruits of my most productive modelling year since returning to the hobby 3 years ago.

I'd like to thank all of you that have taken the time to comment on the WIP and RFI threads of my builds, your interest and encouragement is most appreciated and prevents this being a lonely and introspective pastime.

1/48 Mosquito BXVI (Tamiya with Paragon 2 Stage Engines) [ Build Thread & RFI Thread ]

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

1/48 Airfix Jaguar GR3 (Jaguar GB entry) [ Build Thread ]

DSC00686.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

1/48 Hasegawa Phantom FG1 (43sqn Special scheme) [ Build Thread & RFI Thread ]

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00813.jpg

1/48 Revell Eurofighter Typhoon F2 [ Build Thread & Critique Corner Thread ]

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

1/48 Classic Airframes DeHavilland Hornet F1 (Best of British GB) [ Build Thread & RFI Thread ]

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

1/48 Aeroclub Folland Gnat T1 [ Build Thread & RFI Thread ]

DSC01193.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

Thanks for looking and any comments you may have.

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by Notdoneyet
  • Like 1

Ian,

Its been a joy to watch you work this year, stunning work, especially the Phantom :wub: However, as Ive said before, I reckon the Hornet is your best so far, if not your best to date :mike:

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2:

Bex

P.S: Told ya Dave was a cracking bloke :yahoo:

P.P.S: You forgot the :coolio: warning for your Gnat again :tease:

Many thanks for the kind comments they are very much appreciated.

Everyone a keeper! :thumbsup: What colour did you use for the orange on the Gnat?

Stebos,

I used Tamiya PS-24 Fluorescent Orange (decanted from the can and thinned with lacquer thinners), it is an excellent match for Dayglo Orange.

Cheers,

Ian

Some fantastic builds there.

I particularly like the Jag as I find the innovative display interesting. What did you make the Parachute out of? The Phanotom is really good as is the Gnat.

I really enjoy all your builds Ian, and am most envious of your talents. Each and every one of your models have a real quality to them. Brilliant stuff mate, and we will all look forward to what you have in store for us in 2009.

Best wishes

Andy :)

Could have sworn I commented on these beauties :shrug:

Superb work Ian. Everyone one is a gem, but I love that Jag, a great idea and brilliantly executed :thumbsup:

:goodjob:

Many thanks for your kind comments chaps!

Some fantastic builds there.

I particularly like the Jag as I find the innovative display interesting. What did you make the Parachute out of? The Phanotom is really good as is the Gnat.

FZ6,

The parachute was made from fibreglass "bug screen" material. The "how to" is here in the Build Thread. If I could have found some suitable net curtain material I would have used that, but the "bug screen" worked O.K. despite it being a little too predisposed to retaining its flat shape.

HTH.

Ian

All of them fantastic build! Just a quick novice question about the Jag: do they really deploy the 'chute while they are still flying? I always thought that it did happen after touch down?

Chris

Chris,

Thanks! To answer your question, not always, but there were a few "airbourne deployments" when they were going into storage. I wanted to replicate the last landing of an operational Jaguar in the moment so beautifully captured by Karl Drage :-

IMG_0048.jpg

HTH,

Ian

Edited by Notdoneyet