Rafale

rdxtnt

Guest Drewe

Dunno about anyone else, but that looked entirely pre-planned to me, and not at all close. Given the speeds and angles of attack I think Monsieur Rafale fully intended the rooster tails. Just my take.

Nah, I don't think so. You'd have to be crazy to pull a stunt like that in 10 tonnes of aeroplane. Maybe flying straight and level you could pull up and make a pretty rooster tail but not like that. I think Monsieur is a very lucky frogee indeed...............could be wrong tho'.............I usually am! :)

I think this was brown trouser time, that nose up jerk towards the end looks like he was getting a mite twitchy in the office!...but it did look good...:D

Shot from an American carrier I believe :o

No, it was done during a family day, aboard our (only) PA, the Charles De Gaulle (You know, Churchill's best friend :analintruder:).

It was pre-planned, even if I have to agree that it was a little foolish...At the time, there were less than 12 Rafale in our AĆ©ronavale (Fleet Air Arm).

I think it was deliberate - you can see he extends the downward section of the loop and pulls up at the bottom into a consistent 30-40 degree climb.

Hats off to the bloke!

No, it was done during a family day, aboard our (only) PA, the Charles De Gaulle (You know, Churchill's best friend :analintruder:).

It was pre-planned, even if I have to agree that it was a little foolish...At the time, there were less than 12 Rafale in our AĆ©ronavale (Fleet Air Arm).

Roosevelt liked CdG more :whistling:

• 1 month later...