Ayup Folks, I need your help and I need it urgently. My daughter's boyfriend asked me if I could build a model of his dads Willy's Jeep as a present for Christmas, well, I agreed, and then got bogged down with the pressures of life. The model is just about complete and I'm in the workshop today beavering away, attempting to do as much to this jeep project as I can in order to finish it. But I've just discovered that I don't have the lettering for the following stensils ...

jeep_stensils.jpg

... can anyone help with either a decal set, a stensil or the name of the font used? ... many thanks in anticipation.

Here's a couple of photos of the real thing ...

Photo-0040.jpg

Photo-0044.jpg

.. and the progress so far ...

first_paint.jpg

... hopefully it will be done today, we'll see?

Nick.

Edited by plastic constructor

Hi Nick.

I'll see what I've got in my decal bank as I built the Tamiya kit for an ex's dad last year.

If I find anything I'll let you know.

Cheers Daz

Oops! ... forgot to mention folks that the scale is 1/24 ... it's a conversion from the Italeri Fire Jeep

Nick.

Oh right sorry Nick.

I was assuming it was the Tamiya kit sorry.

OOOOOOOOh! Daz, bless ya, there are some kits in 1/35 scale that are a it too small for my mits matey, 1/24 was a nice scale for a bit of conversion, and this model demands a lot of it, including the front tow bar, rear fuel can carrier and the biggest conversion of the lot, the side panels ... better get on with it eh?

Nick.

Nick, I've just read this, I have the 1/24 kit - and could scan the decals for you if it would help. Let me know, and I'll get them down from the attic tomorrow. I can't remember what they have on them, but am willing to look!

Harriet

Harriet, I don't suppose you would consider disposing of the kit to me would you :kissing2: ... drop me an email or PM please, I'm in need of a few spares ASAP!

Nick.