4 Sqn Hunter FR.10, ca. 1969

Andrew

Hello all,

Continuing down the well-worn path of my doing everything at the last minute.......

Here is Revell's 1/72 Hunter F.6 with minimal modifications to convert it into an FR.10, and the intention is to present it in the markings of 4 (the correct nomenclature is probably IV) Sqn late in 1969, using either Xtradecal or Modeldecal. It just sneaks in with respect to timeframe of this groupbuild......... phew!

Without further ado, and apologies for the ordinary pics:

A little enhancement of the cockpit sidewalls -

PICT0080.jpg

(jump forward a bit, no pics taken at the appropriate juncture..... grumble...) Nose (FAA Models resin) and tailpipe (Airfix FGA.9 donation) and wings on -

PICT0051.jpg

PICT0043.jpg

Its partner in modelling procrastination, an F.6 intended for 12 Sqn markings, appears to have snuck into the next shots (both Hunters were started just prior to Neil posting pictures of his F.6, but they reminded me how much I liked that 12 Sqn scheme.) -

PICT0049.jpg

Hunterpair.jpg

That's all I can contribute at the moment, but hopefully more will follow as I make the most of some time off. Work permitting, the Hunter may even be finished by the Build deadline. What really bothers me is how two Tornadoes made it onto the workbench.......

Cheers,

Andrew.

Fantastic - you can't have enough Hunters........AND a IV Sqn FR.10.....looking forward to seeing this one proceed.

With regards to your FR10 camera nose.....the front end ... it does look a little on the blunt side, maybe its the angle of the camera?

Cheers

Bill

Were the jet pipe parts with the kit? I have a Revell Hunter stashed but it only contains the early jet pipe bits.

:blush:

Just re-read the post and saw the word Airfix. All is explained. I have some Airfix bits left over from using a resin version of the early pipe.

peebeep

Edited by peebeep

• 1 year later...

Wow Andrew I didn't realise you built them as well!

I thought you were around to make my stash bigger! I thought I bought all your Tornadoes?

Nice work on the Hunters, let's see if you can get them finished, I actually got one finished last week :D

Edited by TrojanThunder