A year in modelling

general melchett

Thank you David , very decent of you to say so , hope you'll like what's lined up on the workbench at the moment,........... three Amodel monsters , Myasischev M50 'Bounder' , VMT 'atlant' with Buran as payload and 3M 'Bison' , as well as a couple of Trumpeter TU-16's, Monogram 1/48th Hustler , MPM HE-177, Trumpy SU-15, to mention only a few.....

Flippin' 'eck Andy, just how BIG is your workbench? Sounds like it's about the size of a small country.....!!!! :blink::D

Keef

Thanks Nick , that's a true compliment coming from your good self , Sperrin probably turned into my longest ever build as the resin was pretty abominable quality , not so much the texture more the fact that it was totally riddled with air bubbles , hundreds of the little ( and not so little) blighters.A bit of a chore really , still makes life interesting. I've had a word with the good folks at Magna and they say that was unusual to be that bad , never thought to question it... :doh:

Like you I use Iwata gear and particularly like the micron , also have an SAR for large coverage and an HPC for medium work, might look for something a bit finer next year, see how things go. Thanks again,

Keef, they aren't all on the bench at the same time you understand , would need about fifty feet :shutup: , think the Memsahib might have something to say about that :jump_fire: , she wants the kitchen back at some point !! !!!, think a lot of them might well end up at Newark Air Museum as they have the requisite hangar space ...... :whistle:

Cheers now,

Andy

OOOH......... nearly forgot this one ... :wicked:

P1010076Medium.jpg

:wow: I think that's a pretty good output for the year. The scratchbuilt P-42 is a beaut!

I'm a bit disappointed you haven't even done an F-16, an F-15 and a Jolly Rogers Tomcat. What's the matter with you? :mental:

Thank you David , very decent of you to say so , hope you'll like what's lined up on the workbench at the moment,........... three Amodel monsters , Myasischev M50 'Bounder' , VMT 'atlant' with Buran as payload and 3M 'Bison' , as well as a couple of Trumpeter TU-16's, Monogram 1/48th Hustler , MPM HE-177, Trumpy SU-15, to mention only a few, ...I think you get the idea :bangin: , only problem now is going to be space , running out very quickly :whistle: .....Yep the SST is a bit of a pig but doesn't take too much to bash into shape , I always think if you really like the subject you will do what's required. Must admit I only ever do models of planes I REALLY like...

Thanks again for your support, plenty more to come (work permitting),

Andy

Andy, feel free to contact me off board if ye need any B-58 pics. My all time favourite plane. i HIGHLY recommend the Fisher intakes and elevons.

[email protected]

Cheers,

david

Thanks again fella's, Tizzy ,yep seems to generate a fair bit of interest wherever I go with it, double take from most folks , a case of .. is that what I think it is ??, a fun build, got a few more planned.

Al ...

I'm a bit disappointed you haven't even done an F-16, an F-15 and a Jolly Rogers Tomcat. What's the matter with you?
...easy answer...they're all GREY ,GREY , GREY .... :shutup: , after your magnificent B-58 build you should know what colour a proper aeroplane is... :wicked:

Don't do a lot for me I'm afraid...

Mind you I'll make an exception next year with the mighty Jakt Viggen, a model I'm really going to town on !!!...oh yes......

David, thanks for that ,I'll PM you later ( working this weekend) ,might well take you up on that one , found a few really good US based sites and have the great Jay Miller book and a stack of video/ dvd's, have a look at Al's (Phatness) beauty that he's finished recently , hard to beat, or Peter Dolls amazing foil covered monster, both show what can be done with what is basically a good model...I have the Aires exhausts and the Fisher ailerons , most impressed , must get the intake set.I haven't built her yet but I have rescribed all the panels and polished back the plastic ready for the final assault :winkgrin:

Cheers all,

Andy

Thanks Martin, just for a laugh as I actually had a few days off work :analintruder: thought I would try and squeeze one more in before new years day , chose this out of the stash, the Focke Wulf TA 183 Huckebein, 1/72nd scale ,no box just bagged , donkeys years old and covered in dust ,but a fair little kit inside .Took me all of two days, made a nice change from the big stuff !! added some detail to the U/C and bays and cockpit which was a little basic...other than that its oob.

Cheers , hope someone likes it and happy new year, :speak_cool:

Andy

Sort of see where the MiG 15 came from !!

P1010252Medium.jpg

P1010254Medium.jpg

P1010253Medium.jpg

P1010249Medium.jpg

P1010248Medium.jpg

Edited by general melchett