Hunter conversion kits

XH668

On 24/12/2008 at 10:52 AM, Darius at Home said:

Heritage Aviation do a set of 1:48 non-notched wings and cockpit tub...

Hunter Wings

:giles:

Darius

...surprised Ian hasn't posted this on this thread.

I think this is Ians new address, your link no-longer works................as for his resin Hunter conversion parts, I believe he has run most of them down.  Shame really as he would make a killing at the moment with all the conversion kits he did for the 1:48 Hunters, especially all the trainers that he used to produce

https://www.kitsforcash.com/

Here is a picture and breakdown of the parts for the Heritage 1:48 Hunter T7 which currently is not available, but hopefully may, re-appear in the near future

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/206313-heritage-aviation-models-hunter-t-7

If memory serves me well, it was released about 2011 and I also remember reading, on this site the work that went into the making the tool, I remember following the updates as they came up...........we have mention of another conversion on here, the aeroclub conversion, but the person who bought it to our attention on post #17  Ozh is non other than the person who had a great deal to do with the Heritage Hunter T7 tool, I believe he either designed it or made it(as well as the Heritage Wessex conversion)..................i am sure, with a little patience, that conversion will/should fit the coming Airfix Hunter.

if I could find that article in the archives, I will post it on this topic

1 hour ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

The Heritage 1/48 Hunter (two seat) conversion masters are now with AlleyCat, they will be revised to fit the Airfix kit in due course, at least that is what Alec told me.

With a resin  canopy... I hope.

V.P.

1 minute ago, SimonR said:

Great thread!

How about the Odds & Ordanance T7 conversion for the Revell 1/72 kit, that built up into a nice T-bird, but think its OOP now sadly.

Cheers

Simon

The O&O range has also gone to Alleycat Simon, & the T7 is shown as 'add to cart'

http://www.alleycatmodels.co.uk/hawker-hunter-2-seat-trainer-conversion-revell-6558-p.asp

as is the T8M;

http://www.alleycatmodels.co.uk/hawker-hunter-t8m-conversion-set-revell-6574-p.asp

Keith

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

The Heritage 1/48 Hunter (two seat) conversion masters are now with AlleyCat, they will be revised to fit the Airfix kit in due course, at least that is what Alec told me.

Thanks,

Colin   

Thanks for that bit of information Colin,  were all the tools in Ians range bought?  I have been in touch with Ian at Heritage who told me he had sold the masters but that the guy who bought them had no interest in producing them at this moment in time.....as you say, possibly upgrading and refurbishing them for the coming airfix release

1 hour ago, rayprit said:

Thanks for that bit of information Colin,  were all the tools in Ians range bought?  I have been in touch with Ian at Heritage who told me he had sold the masters but that the guy who bought them had no interest in producing them at this moment in time.....as you say, possibly upgrading and refurbishing them for the coming airfix release

Alec Smith at AlleyCat bought all the remaining masters, I think some had been disposed off by Ian before the deal was done but I don't know. Certainly the two seat Hunters were in the ones Alec got. However he got a lot, and almost everything needs re-working/repairing to bring up to current standards, or modified to fit different kits in the case of the T.7/8 sets. Alec does AlleyCat part time while managing a disability, and outsources pattern making and casting, so he is at the mercy of others (I know the feeling!). Good pattern makers and casters are always busy so you have to wait your turn.

I took the helicopter sets from the Heritage range from Alec as he had no interest in them, in return he took a few of mine (like the 1/32 Seafire FFR47 conversion). The helicopter sets for the Merlin, Apache, Wessex and Chinook will eventually get re-issued under my Rotor Craft brand.

The issue of clear resin for canopies mentioned by homebee is more complicated. Changes in the formulation of the clear resin used has meant that a number of casters are having to change type, compounded by the fact that very few casters can do clear in a timely manner due to demand (I have been waiting for some for over 4 months, Alec waited almost a year for a batch from the Czech Republic) make the future of clear casting uncertain for people like me who have to outsource.  It also costs a lot more and has a very high failure rate. My future kits will revert to vacform canopies which are done by Rob Taurus, in PETG which does not yellow and produces clearer mouldings than most can in resin without risk of bubbles, and be will provided in pairs to avoid mishaps cutting out.          

Thanks!

Colin  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

Alec Smith at AlleyCat bought all the remaining masters, I think some had been disposed off by Ian before the deal was done but I don't know. Certainly the two seat Hunters were in the ones Alec got. However he got a lot, and almost everything needs re-working/repairing to bring up to current standards, or modified to fit different kits in the case of the T.7/8 sets. Alec does AlleyCat part time while managing a disability, and outsources pattern making and casting, so he is at the mercy of others (I know the feeling!). Good pattern makers and casters are always busy so you have to wait your turn.

Thanks for taking the time Colin to bring us upto speed on the breakdown of the heritage kits........always nice to knows going on with tools and masters

best wishes