Mr Resin Surface Primter

Pjclarke2008

It's a very thin resin primer... to be used only on resin, as it would/may attack plastic. Personally, I think it's crap, and won't be buying another can, especially as it's pricey. It also doesn't have any filling properties that I'm aware of. :)

• 7 years later...

hi all ,

I bought a  bottle of Mr.Primer Surfacer some time ago and are actually gittin' around to usin' it on a Resin Kit.

Wot annoys me about these Mr.HOBBY Products the Instructions are in a unusual Japanese Language

and I can't find where to source an English Translatshun .

I have just now tried the stuff thinned down with G.P. Thinner as it was NOT prethinned for sprayin' !

and its dried OK, I might thin the Primmer with an Acrylic Thinner....easily sourced at MILSOMES up the road

cheery "modellin' " mumbas !

Geoff

F.T.G. 3156

hi LaurieS,

thanks for your informative Response

I am roolly lucky here in Ferntree Gully Vic 3156 as  there is an Automotive Paint Supplier (MILSONS )

up the road 'n' round the corner , they can advise me and can supply the Products in Bulk that I require for Modellin'

and are a lot,lot cheaper than a Hobby Shop.  :(

btw: I bought a 400gm Spray Can of  Clear Flat Acrylic the other week,  H B BODY  Spray Fill  (made in Greece )  and its great !

ref: www.hbhobby.com

I thought that it sprayed too thick 'n' fast from the Aerosol Can and really got stuck into wrinkling  the Johnson's Kleer.......g.g.m.s.!

I now decant into my Paasche Airbrush Cup....... dries quickly and flat!,flat!, flat !

cheery "preXmas " mumbas !

Geoff

F.T.G. 3156

:unsure: