What font to use for registrations on old UK civil aircraft?

Mark

Hi all!! I'm doing the old Airfix HP42 and as I don't want to do it as one of the supplied options, does anyone knopw what font would be a good choice to use for the registration and also the name of the aircraft? I'm going to try and replicate G-AAXE 'Hengist' as it has the unusual nose mounted light not seen on the other aircraft, or at least none of them show it fitted in piuctures that I have found so far. It's also got what looks like a DF loop mounted forward of the flag pole. Any comments welcome!

LC1778-600.jpg

Edited by busdriver

Hi all!! I'm doing the old Airfix HP42 and as I don't want to do it as one of the supplied options, does anyone knopw what font would be a good choice to use for the registration and also the name of the aircraft? I'm going to try and replicate G-AAXE 'Hengist' as it has the unusual nose mounted light not seen on the other aircraft, or at least none of them show it fitted in piuctures that I have found so far. It's also got what looks like a DF loop mounted forward of the flag pole. Any comments welcome!

LC1778-600.jpg

may help

http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/dow...do=cat&id=2