BF109G-6 to G3

chadders

Hi, I have absoluly no idea about German WWII aircraft, but I want to model a captured G3, but I only have a G6 in the stash. What external differances are there? Are the props the same? Any info would be great guys,

Thanks,

Mark

As a starter, the G-3 does not have the large bulges before the cockpit. Also, being a pressurised version, it lacks the small air scoops by the windshield. Other than that, look at the wheels and the wheel bulges on the upper wing, but I forget whether they should be there or not on the G-3. It will also have an early standard of pilot head armour, but that may depend more on the model you are working from.

Hi Mark

To carry on from Graham's comments

Wings - Bulges for larger wheels

Cowling - the MG 17 troughs are inserts, not the machine pressed depicted ones on your G6

Wheels - can either be spoked or machine smooth (pay to check any photos of the a/c your'e planning

to build).

Tail wheel - same as G6 but the tail wheel opening had an external stiffener added plus a rubber

dust cover on tail wheel.

Radio Antenna rigging was same as G6, the radio mast is taller though and you will need to leave off the radio loop &

associated bulge.

Prop- same as far as I am aware, it changed between F and G-0, some of our 109 experten may have more on this

If you need any pictures just pm me,

Hope that helps

regards

Alan

Variants - some G3's were fitted for tropical service