This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Skii

Signatures and Banners

Skii    12

Afternoon all :):bobby:

Ok, I'll get to the point, Signature banners are getting silly, some people are stacking banner after banner on top of each other and it is getting to the point where the entire page is taken up, factor in a few witty reposts and exchanges and this results in a hell of a lot of scrolling.

The problem is the Vertical height of a signature, add to this stacking images on top of each other and it just makes it a chore to scroll through threads.

As a suggestion we should be looking to have signatures no higher than this

===============

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

================

Can I please ask a few of you to make a concerted effort to cut things down a bit, if you are a member of a GB then there is no reason to have more than 1 banner, multiple GBs ? Ask someone with photoshop nicely to cobble them together side by side.

This is not currently a strict rule but if we have to keep asking we will end up with strict limits on banner sizes, lets not go there eh peeps ? Come on, show some consideration to your fellow Britmodeller and lets have a sensible sig policy, or we're sending Nige and Greg round with the panda van ;)

thankyou all :)

John

Greg B    1,191

Yeah, reduce your signature sizes or the Panda gets it!

panda.jpg

:winkgrin:

Afternoon all :):bobby:

Ok, I'll get to the point, Signature banners are getting silly, some people are stacking banner after banner on top of each other and it is getting to the point where the entire page is taken up, factor in a few witty reposts and exchanges and this results in a hell of a lot of scrolling to read a thread.

The problem is the Vertical height of a signature, add to this stacking images on top of each other and it just makes it a chore to scroll through threads.

As a suggestion we should be looking to have signatures no higher than this

===============

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

================

Can I please ask a few of you to make a concerted effort to cut things down a bit, if you are a member of a GB then there is no reason to have more than 1 banner, multiple GBs ? Ask someone with photoshop nicely to cobble them together side by side.

This is not currently a strict rule but if we have to keep asking we will end up with strict limits on banner sizes, lets not go there eh peeps ? Come on, show some consideration to your fellow Britmodeller and lets have a sensible sig policy, or we're sending Nige and Greg round with the panda van ;)

thankyou all :)

John

keefr22    5,376

That's why I love Firefox. Adblock plus makes quick work of removing those unwanted sigs with no harm whatsoever to innocent pandas....!!! :D

alex    1,206

good Idea. I shut the signatures down in the controls, but from time to time, you can miss some information.

And by the way, when someone posts a "ready for inspection" with 20 images, and someone else quotes the whole post (with all pictures, obviously), the post can get rather long as well...

Alex

perry    10
good Idea. I shut the signatures down in the controls, but from time to time, you can miss some information.

And by the way, when someone posts a "ready for inspection" with 20 images, and someone else quotes the whole post (with all pictures, obviously), the post can get rather long as well...

Alex

I agree there Alex!

Robin    36

Not being very computer literate or well up in the technicalities. Why do people quote the whole message that contains a raft of pictures, why not just refer to the post. It does wear my scrolling finger out.

Robin.

Why do people quote the whole message that contains a raft of pictures, why not just refer to the post.

Because they either don't know or are too lazy to delete the tags containing links to images, or can't be bothered to edit excess text.

peebeep

perry    10

Probably because the post they're referring to could, have been replied to numerous times by the time they add their reply. But they could still delete the pics from the quote

spike7451    174
Yeah, reduce your signature sizes or the Panda gets it!

panda.jpg

:winkgrin:

You c**k!You owe me a new laptop!! :evil_laugh:

(John,may I suggest people using an image hosting site like 'ImageAvenue.com' where when you upload a picture,you get a hotlink clickable thumbnail.For people like me who are on a slow connection,I often dont get to see the user posted image as a large pic takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to load.

As for my sig of Dad,I'll see if I can scale it down more,

For example.you see Greg's image above,well here's the same image using ImageVenue.com;

th_01394_panda_122_29lo.jpg

After selecting your image,all a viewer has to do is to copy/paste the URL straight from the site onto the message,to view the image all you have to do is click on it.

It's completely safe & reduces the bandwidth & load time of the page being viewed.

Merv

(ps,Greg,I'm joining the Sigs TA...!!!)

Edited by spike7451

perry    10
Crop it or lose it, I guess. Hope this one passes muster.

...or, croppit or yule coppit

:P

Mike    10,668

Happy New Year... and happy small signatures...

No-one's taken much notice of us asking people to reduce their signature sizes, so we're going to start doing it for the worst offenders. If you see your signature change to <SIGNATURE DELETED DUE TO EXCESSIVE SIZE> I think that's probably a sign you were taking the mickey with the size of your signature.

You've got til the end of this weekend to voluntarily reduce your signature sizes folks... Make some use of that time! :fight:

paul_c    176

i think my sig piccy maybe too big but i don't know how to change the size, sorry guys :(

Seamus    737
i think my sig piccy maybe too big but i don't know how to change the size, sorry guys :(

Hi Paul,

Hope you don't mind, but I resized it for you so it's within the 600 x 200 limit.

drawing00001-2.jpg

I use a free program called Faststone for resizing my photos, which is dead simple to use :)

Cheers

Shaun :)

Deon    38

If you have three banners along the base of your sig each below 200 high but all together over 600 wide is that verboten or what?