Airfix Dornier 17E/F

John

One of a couple of kits I picked up at a local swapmeet yesterday. I haven't built this since it was released 30-something years ago, but I couldn't resist! It's a lovely kit which would benefit from replacement guns, but apart from that it looks good.

PICT0002-1.jpg

PICT0003-4.jpg

Just got to love that baby-blue plastic!

John

I think the last Airfix release was in the Blueprint style box 20-something years ago. Richard Humm's epic list says:

Dornier Do 17E/F 494/04014-1/9 04014/04014

1/72 scale. Available from 1972 to 1978. Reissued in 1980 and from 1984 to 1988. Also issued by MPC (USA) in the Profile series as kit number 2-1513 (1972 to 1976) and in the Bonus series as kit number 2-0251 (1976 to 1978).

John

Edited by John

Wonder how much cross kitting you'd be able to do with the new ICM Do-215B-4 kit - if those parts are more 'detailed' than the old Airfix one.

The ICM is listed as either being out or available real soon in the UK on the Modelairplaneinternational.com news listing today.

Matt

One of a couple of kits I picked up at a local swapmeet yesterday. I haven't built this since it was released 30-something years ago, but I couldn't resist! It's a lovely kit which would benefit from replacement guns, but apart from that it looks good.

PICT0002-1.jpg

PICT0003-4.jpg

Just got to love that baby-blue plastic!

John

Extratech have just released (I think) an etched brass set for the Dornier 17 E/F. Reference is EXTE-72161

Ken