Airfix BAC Strikemaster 1/72

Fellows here is another construction of a bird that i like it a lot.

I was very happy when i here that airfix re issue the Strikemaster because i could not find an old kit here in Greece but now it is on my bench !!

Well i start it re scribing the panel lines and for the cockpit i have Pavla's Mk.4 seat and i would like to ask you if you have any photos from the cockpit inside ι would appreciate to share it with me.

I like very much the red/white camo option Bac Jet Provost T.Mk.5 fighter training school and i think i'm going to paint it like that.The Korean markings and camo are beautiful to.

Thank you for your time :D

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3869.jpg

IMG_3870.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

Have a red and white T5 in the hangar, what view do you want?

Ride on and come here for a ride maybe ?? :speak_cool: I'm joking :thumbsup:

Landing gears and wheel bays and behind the seats .....canopy deck ? would be perfect !! Thanks.

KiwiSteve ---> Thanks mate

Guys thank you all.

Edited by Jim Sotiropoulos

I have a few shots in the cockpit and instrument panel of Cosford's JP, but that's not a T5 - don't know how different they are but let me know if you want them... though my pictures may now be rendered superfluous due to plenty of good pictures of the mark you want to model. ;)

I have a few shots in the cockpit and instrument panel of Cosford's JP, but that's not a T5 - don't know how different they are but let me know if you want them... though my pictures may now be rendered superfluous due to plenty of good pictures of the mark you want to model. ;)

There welcome to ......send it in my email [email protected]

Jim sent you a large file by usendit.com........ it has 96 images in it, you will get an email link to download it from, it is about 45mb in size. took what you requested and a few more....... sorry if a couple slightly out of focus, was shooting handheld at a really slow speed as indoors and also in some shooting through the Canopy. If I am missing anything let me know and will do some more.

Edited by TonyT

I like very much the red/white camo option Bac Jet Provost T.Mk.5 fighter training school and i think i'm going to paint it like that.The Korean markings and camo are beautiful to.

Actually the ones in the Airfix kit are not Korean markings. They are Singaporean. Both the red/white roundels as well as the red/white "yin-yang" patterns are the earlier RSAF (Republic of Singapore Air Force) markings. The red/white roundels are from the time when Singapore's AF was still known as SADC (Singapore Air Defence Command). I believe this was in the 60s-70s period. I do understand the confusion though. The Koreans also have a similar yin-yang pattern.

Also, this is a good aftermarket set for your Strikemaster/ Jet Provost :

http://www.obscureco.com/product_pages/jetprovostmk5.html

(Though I have no idea what that thing between the control panel & the rear canopy decking is)

That's an odd shape for a fire extinguisher. I mean the pointy-eared piece of resin that's on the right hand side of the Instrument Panel resin piece (labeled as 'Detailed control panel'.)

Ahh was looking at another bit in the middle....... I would say that is the canopy fairing that is the Hump on the Back of the JP5 Canopy yes / no?

Update ..... really not big one :confused:

I'm done with scribing .... airfix plastic is like butter so soft ........ the 2 "spoilers" in the nose make this bird Agile :hobbyhorse:

I start the cockpit tub and panel that is not glued yet just working to see when i am going to be satisfied ..... maybe i paint black the first part then put the panel with holes i don't know i see.

Once again i want to thank TonyT for the great photos :D

IMG_3881.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again ....... at last i find some time for modeling.

I try to add some detail on the cockpit and put some plastic to raise the seats a little bit to come to right position.........

IMG_9607.jpg

IMG_9609.jpg

IMG_9610.jpg

IMG_9611.jpg

IMG_9612.jpg

IMG_9613.jpg

And now fellows I'm going to show you the "effect" of drinking beer and modeling in the same time :banghead:

I just realize that the wing tips that i put is for strikemaster and not for the provost ....... well i do some correcting moves and i keep going for filling and painting ........ cheers :cheers:

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9614.jpg

• 4 months later...

After a long period off rest the bird finally painted and waits the gloss coat and decals to apply. I read here and see that Airfix gives black roundels and i was decide to put the blacks .......but lately i try to print my own decals and i put the roundels for the provost to. If the result is good i'm going to use them if is not good ........ i don't know i see.In the upper left corner is the roundels of the provost.

I hope until the end of the month to be completed.

th_IMG_0588.jpgth_IMG_0589.jpgth_IMG_0590.jpgth_IMG_0591.jpg

th_IMG_0592.jpgth_IMG_0593.jpgth_IMG_0594.jpgth_IMG_9750.jpg

th_IMG_9755.jpgth_IMG_9757.jpg

Edited by Jim Sotiropoulos