lanc canopy masks

plimsol

6.70 for some masking tape :analintruder:

Its not masking tape, rather a die-cut vinyl that can precisley located with soapy water. That said, what one is paying for is the developers time and effort in producing these sets not the material. Furthermore no one is forcing anyone to buy them. I'm not interested in the Lancaster set - but these masks work remarkably well. Just my 2p worth.

Marty...

6.70 for some masking tape :analintruder:

Blimey.

You should see the cost of decals these days, 7-15 quid for a sheet of paper with some fancy scribbling on it... :doh:

Its not masking tape, rather a die-cut vinyl that can precisley located with soapy water. That said, what one is paying for is the developers time and effort in producing these sets not the material. Furthermore no one is forcing anyone to buy them. I'm not interested in the Lancaster set - but these masks work remarkably well. Just my 2p worth.

Hey, that makes sense...stop it now, you'll ruin the fun...

In all seriousness I've got a couple of sets on the way from Hannant's. I don't usually bother with them as most of what I build doesn't really need much in the way of masking and is usually pretty quick. In the case of things like the Lanc though and the He-111, Ju-88 and other WW2 bombers with the glasshouse canopies I think they're worth investing in. I value my building time pretty highly and 6 quid to save a couple of hours of, what is for me, one of the most tedious and dull processes is, at 3 quid an hour, money well spent. On the cost saving front it is possible, if you are really careful, to reuse the masks a second or even third time, just keep the backing sheet, put 'em all back in right spots and double your money. ;)

Why should the set for Revell's model be almost 2 quid more? :hmmm:

The Revell set is more extensive than the Hasegawa set. Masking is my own modelling bĂȘte noir, I could easily be tempted into buying one of these sets for something like a Lanc. Having said that, now that I have been properly instructed in the ways of Parafilm I might not.

peebeep