Friday at Waddo

Bennygman

I went down for the arrivals day on Friday. It was a bit threatening as I drove up, but by mid-morning it was just the odd shower then sunshine all afternoon - I even got sunburnt!

Still a bit gloomy when this beast departed...

IMG_7525.jpg

Excellent way to clear off the runway though...

IMG_7526.jpg

A few British Classics...

IMG_7672.jpg

IMG_7600.jpg

Some nice foreign visitors...

IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7690.jpg

IMG_7558.jpg

IMG_7538.jpg

A great pairs arrival by the Chinooks...

IMG_7793.jpg

My first chance to shoot a Puma in action...

IMG_7756.jpg

IMG_7763.jpg

And maybe my last chance of a Jag...

IMG_7889.jpg

We know how the show turned out ... but at least I got this one before the heavens opened too badly...

IMG_8068.jpg

All in all A good weekend, even if I was away by 11:30 on Saturday.

Steve.

Such a shame you had to leave so early Steve. Waddington was looking a bit of dodgy prospect a month ago, but with the flying participation of the Boscombe Jag, MRA4 and the Indians, it looked bloody good. Should have been there today, so sad the rain has p***ed all over it.

Yeah, having been there the day before I decided I'd seen the best I was going to get so I cut my losses and headed home. Not a waste though, I spent a couple of hours shooting detail pics of the F-15E, A-10's and The Navy Wessex in the Falklands enclosure and I finally met a forum member in the person of Vince from 'Models for sale'. Only a brief chat as I thought I'd better let more paying customers into his tent out of the rain, but I did relieve him of a Fujimi 'Romanian Mig-21' and 'Top Gun' A-4E, so at least that's two he won't have to cart back home. I guess most of the traders will be cursing the weather even more than the enthusiasts.

Never did find the Heritage Aviation stand though, despite making three circuits looking for it :fraidnot: .

Steve.

Yeah, having been there the day before I decided I'd seen the best I was going to get so I cut my losses and headed home. Not a waste though, I spent a couple of hours shooting detail pics of the F-15E, A-10's and The Navy Wessex in the Falklands enclosure and I finally met a forum member in the person of Vince from 'Models for sale'. Only a brief chat as I thought I'd better let more paying customers into his tent out of the rain, but I did relieve him of a Fujimi 'Romanian Mig-21' and 'Top Gun' A-4E, so at least that's two he won't have to cart back home. I guess most of the traders will be cursing the weather even more than the enthusiasts.

Never did find the Heritage Aviation stand though, despite making three circuits looking for it :fraidnot: .

Steve.

hi steve, we were there white marquee blue roof outside 3 swamp sorry hanger, yes the weekend was an unmitigated disaster for us, lots of damaged stock, lots of mud and lots of frustration......still we'll be at duxford legends this weekend.....all together now.....pray for sun!!!!! :please: