De Havilland Mosquito BMK IV 627 sqn

Ok chaps Q the 633 sqn music here is my Revell 32nd scale Mosquito.

I built this one after seeing the same aircraft built in 48th scale in the Modelling The Mosquito book by osprey.

A Paragon cockpit interia was used to tweek up a rather sparse cockpit along with a Canopy and buldged bomb bay doors and wheels.

The AZ-X marking where a little bit tricky as no RAF Code letters are available in Red with yellow outlines so i used standerd Red code letters and outlined them with Yellow decal strip

a pretty long job but i got there in the end. Hope you all like it.

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

Good build Keith... it's a daunting prospect kicking that old Lodella kit into some kind of shape, isn't it? I've got the same kit, Neil's cockpit, a replacement gun nose, and flap set, and still haven't got round to doing much more than cutting out the chunks from the kit parts. Now that the Airfix 1:24 behemoth is on the way, it's looking less & less likely to happen :shrug:

Sweet. Was looking at one unbuilt yesterday and I thought it looked OK but way too much work for me, so well done, looks the biz.

The kit cockpit's a hoot, innit? :lol:

Great job, you made a really good job of the codes, like Mike I've got a Mossie and the Paragon fighter conversion in the loft, but so many kits to build and so little time.

Cheers

Den

Thanks for all the kind words guys , I found this kit quite enjoyable to build , and worth the effort, however some areas do need working on .

The cockpit is the worst part of the kit and must be replaced along with the canopy which sits too high.

Perhaps sometime in the near future Neil at Paragon will reissue his 32nd scale sets for the Mosquito which makes life much easeier .

As regards the forthcoming Airfix 24th scale kit i thought the Revell kit was big but a 24th scale Mosquito is going to be huge and a serious amount of space is going to be needed.