Revell 1/32 SEA VENOM

dirtball

Looking good.

Julien

Thanks Julien,

I will be doing come carving on it today. I will try to get the rails into a slot on the back of the pan. I have the headbox slotted into to rails, but still need to pull it all together.

Cheers,

Harold

• 3 weeks later...

I did a little work on the MK4 seat while casting re-stock.

I have all three parts molded into one now. I ignore the top part, it will be filled with the para pack later. I still need to add a lot more details and the belts and buckles.

SVseat.jpg

Cheers,

Harold

Could well be, nice find.

The Flight global article lists a "horseshoe" shaped parachute container. Even thought they cut the seat down to make a "lightweight" one I cant see them making a whole new parachute harness/pack etc.

Julien

Could well be, nice find.

The Flight global article lists a "horseshoe" shaped parachute container. Even thought they cut the seat down to make a "lightweight" one I cant see them making a whole new parachute harness/pack etc.

Julien

I am thinking the same thing. Maybe that is why the 'chute pack looks out of proportion on the Sea Venoms pan.

It looks bigger in the photos....

I have no measurements to go by, but I eyeballed it a bit. I shortened the rails somewhat so that the proportions of the seat looks fairly close.

Edited by Harold

I found this on ebay...would this be a good reference for the MK4 chute? It says they think it was for the MK4 or MK5.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jet-Aircraft-Marti...=item1e698715cd

No

I'm trying to get five minutes to lift a seat out of ours so I can photograph it

but I can tell you it does not look like the evil bay item.

And its the wrong colour.

No

I'm trying to get five minutes to lift a seat out of ours so I can photograph it

but I can tell you it does not look like the evil bay item.

And its the wrong colour.

Fantastic.....that is exactly what I need, Plus the area behind the seats would be nice as well.

I am thinking the same thing. Maybe that is why the 'chute pack looks out of proportion on the Sea Venoms pan.

It looks bigger in the photos....

I have no measurements to go by, but I eyeballed it a bit. I shortened the rails somewhat so that the proportions of the seat looks fairly close.

Harold.

The pic from Flight Global is the first installation of the seat into the SV and lists the problems they had getting seats in there.

I would go as far as to say the the para packs there for the first installation are direct from the MK4 you found the link to, as they look like that and not as per Danielles pics. The pic above looks more like what standard in service pics? Does this make sense??

Julien

Harold.

The pic from Flight Global is the first installation of the seat into the SV and lists the problems they had getting seats in there.

I would go as far as to say the the para packs there for the first installation are direct from the MK4 you found the link to, as they look like that and not as per Danielles pics. The pic above looks more like what standard in service pics? Does this make sense??

Julien

I understand what you are saying. I have a few photos showing a rather fat para pack, not as "svelte" as this one.

I understand what you are saying. I have a few photos showing a rather fat para pack, not as "svelte" as this one.

Dad said when they were first looking at getting WZ-895 back in the air on the RAN Historic flight they took

the seats and chute packs down to RAAF Sale to look at overhauling them.

The RAAF said yes they could do the seats as they were almost identical to the seats in a MB-326H Macchi

(the seat frames were different but 895's were ok and the later seat hardware would fit)but the chutes were massively different.

I'd think the one on Evilbay is a MK-4 out of a Macchi or such.

Clear as mud :P

Dad said when they were first looking at getting WZ-895 back in the air on the RAN Historic flight they took

the seats and chute packs down to RAAF Sale to look at overhauling them.

The RAAF said yes they could do the seats as they were almost identical to the seats in a MB-326H Macchi

(the seat frames were different but 895's were ok and the later seat hardware would fit)but the chutes were massively different.

I'd think the one on Evilbay is a MK-4 out of a Macchi or such.

Clear as mud :P

That makes some kind of sense...I think....

Something else it needs...

SVwheel.jpg

The left wheel is the one I am working on, it still needs the bolts and valve stem.

I had to figure out a way of getting the concave shape on the inner rim. I used the back side of the kit rim (after casting a copy)

I then dropped layer after layer of floor polish. (NOT Future) I slowly swirled it around and let each drop dry. Then added another drop (layer) swirling it around again. It worked perfectly. I cast it after it completely dried. Then I hogged out the center and added a the middle plate. I will drill that out and add details later.

The shape of the tire and tread will be refined as well.

Cheers,

Harold

Might be useful

_6253385.jpg

From the Vol 1, wheel nut and locking assembly and the brake unit on the back of the wheel.

scan0001-1.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

Apologies for putting the copyright crap on everything but I'm starting to get a mite annoyed with some

who like to tea leaf my stuff

Everything but that bit I'm afraid.

I can take more pics next time I'm down there if you can wait 3 weeks?

Sure, three weeks is just fine. This is a project that I am doing while casting re-stock. So, it will take a while to do.

Thanks as always,

Harold