Airfix Jaguar GR.1

FZ6

I've only recently joined the forum so I thought I'd post some pics of one of my models I'll build almost anything but my real passion is for RAF stuff of any era.

This is my 1:48 Airfix jaguar GR.1. I used a Neomega Cockpit, some Xtraparts etch including the ladder and Xtraparts wheels. The decals are from Model Alliance.

35550361743_eaccf1f5e9_b.jpg

Airfix 1:48 Jaguar GR.1 by Mark Maclean, on Flickr

36222026921_d45803ff6c_b.jpg

36222027171_90ca20cff5_b.jpg

35550362183_2e2f05387c_b.jpg

Sadly it's in the repair shop at the moment as it didn't fare well travelling down to the last model show I went to but it should be right soon all being well.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Mark

Edited by FZ6
Photobucket images replaced
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Stunning!!!! Have got a couple of these myself but haven;t had the bottle to start them yet.......

Hi FZ6 - well if that's a sign of things to come - great! Keep up the good work. Looks very nice. Great job. Best wishes, Geoff :speak_cool:

whoaaaa... stunning :-)

get them started !!!!!!!!!!!! with extras they build gorgeously about one of the best airfix kits ...........

I agree, It's a lovely canvass to get a great model of a jag with a bit of TLC.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'll have to look into sorting the windscreen out while she's undergoing repairs I didn't realise how bad it was. I need to take better care at fitting them in the future.

Cheers,

Mark

I'll have to look into sorting the windscreen out while she's undergoing repairs I didn't realise how bad it was. I need to take better care at fitting them in the future.

Don't worry-it is only "bad" in a large high res picture!

I wish my "good" was that bad.....

Van

Only comment you have the intake side doors open!

These are only open when engines running.

He's right... that's one of the things I corrected when I was making the masters for the Two Mikes Resin replacement intakes. Must get round to doing some with a FOD in. :hmmm:

Only comment you have the intake side doors open!

These are only open when engines running.

Yeah, but pilot could've nipped off to the toilet and left it running...........

Great pictures too, looks very realistic, just how i like'em, proper job!! :speak_cool:

Edited by Steve Zodiac

Thanks guys.

I built this model a couple of years ago and at the time I was blissfully ignorant to the fact that the blow in doors are only open when the engine is running.

I'll not change it now but I'm aware for my next Jag as I have 2 more in the stash.

I used Humbrol Paints for the model. I was even mad enough to paint the full wrap around camo underneath the desert sand which proved to be a waste of time as you can't differentiate between the different colours of the paint chips on the finished model.

I have Buccaneer and a Tornado in the pipeline to finish off at some point too......

Thanks guys.

I built this model a couple of years ago and at the time I was blissfully ignorant to the fact that the blow in doors are only open when the engine is running.

I'll not change it now but I'm aware for my next Jag as I have 2 more in the stash.

I used Humbrol Paints for the model. I was even mad enough to paint the full wrap around camo underneath the desert sand which proved to be a waste of time as you can't differentiate between the different colours of the paint chips on the finished model.

I have Buccaneer and a Tornado in the pipeline to finish off at some point too......

if it's not too far ahead ask if the tonka's allowed in the group build ..........

Edited by tornado64

if it's not too far ahead ask if the tonka's allowed in the group build ..........

I'm afraid it's too far on to add into the group build although I have an F3 I could potentially include....