Scooter F

mikeew

Hi All,

My PC motherboard blew last week so whilst i was waiting for the engineer to come and sort it I was busy modelling! Its amazing how much gets done on my bench without the distraction of a computer :whistle: .

This is the recently re-issued Italeri 1/48 A-4F Skyhawk I'm building OOB.

Strange kit this in that it has nicely done recessed panel lines on the fuselage parts but fine raised details on the wings?

I rescribed the wings needless to say. Canopy is closed up cos the bang seat is rubbish apart from the headrest which is all that can be seen with it closed up. I used the decals as stencils for making masks for the anti-glare panel ahead of the windscreen adn also for the wing walk areas, always looks better painted IMHO.

Otherwise it was an absolute breeze of a build with no filler other than the lower rear wing/fuselage joint. Some of the stencil decals are too large I think, seems to be a bit crowded in places on the fuselage around the nose and jetpipe areas.

This is where I am, Gunze paints used throughout and Klear for decal setting.

She is a colourful one!!

Scooter.jpg

Scooter001.jpg

Scooter002.jpg

Guest snipersmudge

cracking scooter there old bean got a hasegawa e/f to build for the up coming navy GB. I think that the italeri kit is a re boxing of the old ESCI kit.

Thanks guys, glad you like it(who doesn't like a colourful Scooter?) B)

Skull Leader , its rehash of the old ESCI kit and not an Italeri orginal, this is the quite nice boxart...

italeri_2671_boxtop.jpg

periklis sale, the Klear is airbrushed on, two coats. ;)

snipersmudge, I too have the Hasegawa A-4E/F that I will be (possibly) building for the Naval GB.

Very nice work Mr Williams... you've been getting Klear spraying lessons from Jen, haven't you? :lol:

It's appalling when you work with the computer off for any reason. Your productivity skyrockets :blush: