Airacobra...RAF style!

zeke

Latest kit for me on the chopping block is the Special Hobby 1/32 P39F/P400 Airacobra.

I'm all but done apart from the radio aerial...did it have one or not? I know that the American radio gear was removed from all the British machines, but did we fit our own?...and where did the wire go to/from? Any info gratefully received...ta...

Airacobra098.jpg

Airacobra101.jpg

Airacobra100.jpg

oh yeah...it's had the Eduard etched flap set added as well which is a great piece of kit...:D

cheers

s

Mike...I only work part time at a real job and then the rest of the time I do modelling for various people/magazines/weeac disc...so my time is just stuffed...:D

(this one if for MAI)

But what about the radio gear? I can't finish it without knowing...somebody must know...PLEEEEZE!

According to the profile in P39 at war, it runs from the cockpit frame above and aft of the access door on the starboard side to the tail, anchoring above the horizontal panel line immediately above the fin flash. A second line runs down from the main to the port side, and enters the fuselage above what I am assuming is an access panel after the roundel.

Hope this makes sense!!! And a cracking build, as usual. More pics please!!

But looking at the links posted above, I cant even see one fitted lol!

Andy

Edited by AndyL

Thanks guys...and thanks Ian fr finding the post with the links in...whish I'd seen that lot before I started the build...awesome...hats off to Mr Mock for posting them in the first place...:thumbsup2:

Right, well, after looking at the piccies and the accompaniyng video evidence, I can't see hide nor hair of any kind of aerial wires...so none it is...thanks chaps...:)

Edited by zeke

Wow, that weathering is just perfect. I love the way you've faded the paint on it too - how did you do that? Seriously though this has to be some of the nicest weathering I've seen - it's heavy but doesn't for a moment look toy-like or even artistic/stylised - simply put, it looks real! Superb job there. :D