1/72 Fujimi RN & RAF Phantom II's...

CHUUK

Long time listener, first time caller... so to speak. I love these Fujimi British Phantoms. The horizontal stabs on the RN version are not painted yet as they've given my patience nothing but trouble.

Cheers!

Chuck

IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6217.jpg

IMG_6234.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6660.jpg

IMG_6662.jpg

IMG_6668.jpg

IMG_6669.jpg

IMG_6684.jpg

:post1: Chuuk :yahoo:

Very nice first posting, and a lovely pair of Phine Phantoms for this Phantatic to drool over :worthy: Fujimi 72nd Phantoms have got some lovely quirks havent they :doh::suicide:

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2:

Bex

Many thanks for the comments guys!

Someone asked for a heads up on what to look for when building...

1 - Where the bottom half of the wing meets with the nacelles. The plastic from the lower wing half creates a 'step' inside the nacelle. I missed it on the first one, on the second I scratch built a small 'ramp' over at and painted it soooo white that you can't see it.

2 - Where the bottom of the forward fuselage meets the lower wing half just aft of the forward missile 'slots'. The area is so flat that it takes numerous putty/sanding sessions to git'er smooth.

3 - The main wheel wells are nice and deep, but their depth is a product of the sandwiching of the upper and lower wing halves. Joining them up perfect is difficult... but a bit of sanding and they'll turn out nice.

4 - The scoops on the nose need shaping after installation.

5 - Decals are thick, and by this point nearly 20 years old. I will use aftermarket decals on the next RAF birds... but I can't find any available for RN birds. Anyone?

Still... these kits rock... 6 more in the stash!

Cheers!

Chuck

Edited by CHUUK

Welcome aboard CHUUK.

The Fujimi Fantoms do turn out really well.

I've done the 892 "Jubilee" kite and am well impressed with it.

It certainly looks the part.

When I did the tailfeathers on mine,I blew 'em over with Tamiya Gloss Black first,then mixes of Alclad II Steel and Aluminium,finishing off with a whiff of Humbrol Gunmetal just to tweak the tones a bit.

A careful mask out and a quick squirt of DSG finished them off nicely.

Mark