Something Modern-48th scale CF-18 Hornet

Ok, final one for tonight. This is the Revell F-18C built as a CF-18 Hornet. I scribed the panel lines and added a spotlight with an MV Lens. Decals are from Leading Edge. Great part about the model...I got it signed by the Demo pilot himself....Capt Yanick "Crank" Gregoire.

P3230191.jpg

P3230195.jpg

P3230190.jpg

P3230196.jpg

Here is a Hasegawa version I built for Crank's dad.

P4080235.jpg

Beautiful build Colin!

It's always a treat to see a Canadian Demo Bird. Each year I look forward to seeing them fly at the Salinas International Airshow. They always put on an awesome demo. Quite frankly, they usually put the US Navy demo team to shame.

Excellent work.

Mark

Very nice!

The last Canadian hornet demo I saw at an airshow before I left Canada was the 20 year anniversary Hornet which was quite an eye catcher in its own right.

I do miss the Canadian Hornet demos and Hornets aren't really common visitors to the Czech airshows I've been to. Mind you, the Gripen demos do make up for it.

Thanks guys. The 2009 Demo will be very exciting as they are allowing the whole jet to be painted for the 100th Anniversary of Flight here in Canada. Ironically enough, 188719, the jet I built above will be used again for air show duty.

F-32, you must be talking about "Jetstream", right? It's a fantastic show.....how many episodes have you seen so far? I have a couple of guys I know from Cold Lake featured on the show as well.....Crank being one of them.

Thanks for the comments....glad everyone enjoyed the model.

Jetstream, thats the one!

Great show but only managed to catch a couple of episodes. The last one I saw, one of the guys washed out because he couldn't get to grips with the air to air mission.

I was gutted for him, in every other way he was a perfect officer!

Awesome show and the low level footage kicks bottom.

Jetstream, thats the one!

Great show but only managed to catch a couple of episodes. The last one I saw, one of the guys washed out because he couldn't get to grips with the air to air mission.

I was gutted for him, in every other way he was a perfect officer!

Awesome show and the low level footage kicks bottom.

Ah...ok, so you're near the end of the series then. Yeah, I was pretty disappointed that Capt Coffin washed out....I think a lot of the instructors were as well. He is a very likable guy. I learned recently that he is now an instructor on the Harvard II (T-6A Texan II) just down the road in Moose Jaw. Only one more episode to go....the students get a taste of air-to-ground before graduation.

An instructor on the Harvard......................give him a couple of years and I reckon he'll be back in the Hornet.