Mc.202

That's a very nice model... well done :thumbsup:

If I may offer a little critique? I find that the base, because of its unusual nature distracts the eye from the model... which is a shame, cos it looks great :)

If I may offer a little critique? I find that the base, because of its unusual nature distracts the eye from the model... which is a shame, cos it looks great :)

:ditto: I have to agree with the Boss on this one Ben, dont get me wrong, the base is rather nice too, perhaps a little diorama type stuff on the base, with the bark edges would look perfect (Ok perfect in my eyes :wicked: Its not my model :lol: )

The aircraft itself is absolutely beautiful, Ive never seen one before, so who's is it? It looks like its got a little Me109, Hurricane & Zero all thrown in together.

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2:

Bex

Like to thank all of you for the compliments, going to make a better base for the model. Bex, the aircraft is from 74 Squadriglia, 23 Gruppo, 3 Stromo. 1943 Tunisia, Africa. As for the kit its Hasegawa 1/48, with a resin seat. Decal sheet is Aero Master "Macchi 202" Folgore Collection and Sky decals sheet on the Macchi.

Ben

Absolutely beautiful machine/model. I could be wrong - probably am - but that tan looks a wee bit washed-out to me. However it could be the effect of the flash. Really must bring mine to the bench sometime soon.

Ian

Absolutely beautiful machine/model. I could be wrong - probably am - but that tan looks a wee bit washed-out to me. However it could be the effect of the flash. Really must bring mine to the bench sometime soon.

Ian

I was wondering about that myself, and thought that maybe I was seeing one of the various responses to Giallo Mimetico. The MC202 was built by various companies, so I would imagine that the dark tan, Nocciola Chiaro, would not necessarily have been used. The sparse mottle suggests a Breda built machine to me. Of course, there's always fade under the Sahara sun, or, as you suggest, the effect of flash photography.

Lovely piece of work regardless. I've the main airframe components together on mine, this looks like the inspiration to take it a bit further.

Joseph

Ian

'Ian' and Joseph the tan is washed out I did it to break up the solid tan color. Thank both of you for the compliment

Ben