Focke Wulf FW 190 A-8/R-11

Here's my latest build finished then, Revell's nice little FW 190. Good kit that went together nicely, with the exception of the windshield, which was a bit narrow. Build thread can be found here for those interested. This was my first attempt at mottling, and I'm pretty happy with the way it went. Definitely got a taste for Luftwaffe kits now :D

DSCF6460.jpg

DSCF6461.jpg

DSCF6462.jpg

DSCF6463.jpg

DSCF6464.jpg

DSCF6465.jpg

DSCF6467.jpg

DSCF6468.jpg

DSCF6470.jpg

DSCF6474.jpg

DSCF6475.jpg

DSCF6476.jpg

DSCF6477.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques welcomed

Cheers

Shaun :)

That looks pretty smart to me Shaun :thumbsup2:

My only comment would be about the Prop, youve got a nice filthy airframe but a shiny new Prop :shrug: If this was on purpose and she had a replacement Prop then please feel free to tell me to naff orf :yahoo: However, if not, I always undercoat my props with silver first, then the top coat, then gently attack the blades with a sanding stick for the chipping.

Forgive my inexperience with Luftwaffe aircraft, but do those "Sticky out antler thingys" make this a Nightfighter?

Bex

Thanks Bex ^_^

Fair point about the prop. I haven't applied any paint-chipping at all, which in retrospect maybe I should have :hmmm: I'm on hunt for a silver pencil, as I've had problems with the silver pen in the past, so I may yet add some chipping once I get me a pencil :)

This is what you get with silver undercoat + topcoat + girly nail sanding stick (gritty ones not emery :wicked: )

1:32 Bf109 K4, I painted the props with an undercoat of silver for when I chipped the prop (ignore the naff airframe paintjob :doh: )

yrthpl.jpg

yrthpm.jpg

HTH

Bex

Cheers Bex :thumbsup: I've actually nabbed your technique before, but totally forgot for some reason on this build :doh: Can't be arsed to repaint the prop now, so I'll have to try something new with the pencil :)

Thanks Bex ^_^

Fair point about the prop. I haven't applied any paint-chipping at all, which in retrospect maybe I should have :hmmm: I'm on hunt for a silver pencil, as I've had problems with the silver pen in the past, so I may yet add some chipping once I get me a pencil :)

Seamus,

If you're having difficulties finding the pencil, send me your snail mail address and I'll shoot one off to you this week. I personally use the Berol pencils for lots of weathering. For worn areas over bare metal, I tend toward the aluminum (yes, I'm a Yank) one, rather than the steel one. Shows better. Let me know if you need one (or both).

Steve

Thanks peeps

Seamus,

If you're having difficulties finding the pencil, send me your snail mail address and I'll shoot one off to you this week. I personally use the Berol pencils for lots of weathering. For worn areas over bare metal, I tend toward the aluminum (yes, I'm a Yank) one, rather than the steel one. Shows better. Let me know if you need one (or both).

Steve

That's kind of you to offer Steve :thumbsup: I'll have a look in town first, but if I can't find one I'll definitely give you a shout. Thank you :)

Nice little FW190 you have made there, have you left the swastika tail markings off for any reason ? i know these can be controversial but for the sake of historical accuracy i like to see them.

I thought they may have been missing. They were none on the decal sheet, nor marked on the paint guide, which I guess is due to German laws regarding Swastikas and the like. I agree though, they should be there for historical accuracy.

Thanks again

Shaun :)

Edited by Seamus

Nice one Seamus. :clap2:

There is still hope for you mate, build a Luftwaffe F-4F, with a bit of luck you won't be drawn into the very dark side of modelling...have phaith!

Thanks for the kind comment guys, much appreciated :)

Nice one Seamus. :clap2:

There is still hope for you mate, build a Luftwaffe F-4F, with a bit of luck you won't be drawn into the very dark side of modelling...have phaith!

Will an RF-4E do? ;)

Cheers chap :)

Certainly was a bit fiddly in places, but not too bad- found the mottling a bit easier to spray than I first feared, so all was well :D

Those radar antenna are a handling accident waiting to happen though :hmmm:

Good job Seamus,it makes a nice little model.

Those antenna certainly are asking for it.

Strangely enough though,I did one of these for a commision a couple of years back and when it came back in for repairs lately,it's owner had wiped off the stb'd u/c leg and the aerials were untouched!!!

Mark

...yes, this is indeed Migge's machine. There are some Experten out there who reckon this was an A-7 though...

nice paint job...just needs some swastikas..

..you guys doing Luft subjects should consider registering at http://www.luftwaffe-experten.org

We had a very long thread devoted to this machine - plenty of pics of the real thing..

Edited by FalkeEins

Great work Shaun :worthy: , I built the Revell kit with the glide bomb slung inderneath, same kit with the extra sprue. It is a beauty of a kit to build especially in 1/72. If you need/want some swastikas let me know via pm, I have a large generic sheet of varying designs and sizes so can (and will) spare you some.