HELP!

Well I have managed a descent finish on the aircraft - ALCALD Aluminium and I was rather pleased with the BMFoil (Matt Aluminium) on the canopy... but when I put the two together I wasn't so sure it worked.

Sorry for the slightly out of focus shot, but what do you guys think? Too much contrast or what?

cheers

Grant

pic_12.jpg

Well I have managed a descent finish on the aircraft - ALCALD Aluminium and I was rather pleased with the BMFoil (Matt Aluminium) on the canopy... but when I put the two together I wasn't so sure it worked.

Sorry for the slightly out of focus shot, but what do you guys think? Too much contrast or what?

cheers

Grant

pic_12.jpg

There are some conundrums in modeling- and you have just unearthed one.

Metal foil and aeroplanes look the same because basically they are--

everything else doesnt - but...

Tough to tell Grant. From the picture alone the contrast is quite high, but the Alclad don't look all that much like metal (in the picture). I suspect that a better pic, with better light, would show less contrast. You're the one looking at it in the flesh, so you are best suited to make the decision (not to mention that it's your model :lol: ). I suppose there's a sign in the fact that you feel the need to ask the question too...

:viking:

The canopy was a removeable item, so it could have a different finish.

Looking at the photos of WS774 though - that (unframed) was a pretty good match with the rest of the airframe.

Real shame as it's a superb framing job that you've done.

If you want to try painting another canopy - I've got a couple of spares left-over from my triple-header build,

PM your address to me please, as I've deleted your PM.

Interesting comments guys.

Hatchet - I think you hit the nail on the head there...

Chris - Telling photos there. BMF and even kitchen foil are just way shinnier than any paint.

Tim - Thank you very much, your a saviour. PM on the way.

I have a cunning plan. Recover in BMF and spray ALCLAD, 'cos as you say the frame and aircraft should be a much closer match. And that is going to be so less frought an exercise with a spare canopy to fall back on.

Lesson learnt, I reckon.

cheers

Grant