1/48th Mitsubishi F1

Guest snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

As Mike has graciously extended the finish date for this GB and after finally getting the parts I purchased in September for this kit I am going to attempt to get it done before the end of the GB. Some of you may remember my disastrous attempt to take part in this GB with a Fujimi F15. That dog of a kit went in the bin.

However this kit looks really nice apart from a very over simplified cockpit. Having ordered a replacement seat and etch for the cockpit from Aconcagua I waited for it to arrive...... and waited etc. finally last week the etch arrived. very bad service and as has been said before the seat is very soft on detail, however it's better than the kit seat.

Started this today so here are a couple of pics

S8001921.jpg

S8002092.jpg

S8002094.jpg

cheers

Pete

Edited by snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

painfully slow progress lately, there are quite a few raised panel lines on this one, I really hate raised panel lines! so some that have been lost will be re scribed and some won't! still lots of sanding to do as well.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

cheers

Pete

Guest snipersmudge

another update, main construction and sanding now complete. I elected to fix the undercarriage before painting as the rear legs are made up of two parts and the location is less than positive. For added strength I drilled holes in the legs and pinned using wire then super glued and left to set. The cockpit has had the canopy ram added from tubing as the fit of the thing is terrible it's gonna be an open canopy. Should be getting some paint on soon as well as building the weapons soon.

f222.jpg

f33.jpg

f22.jpg

pete

Edited by snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

got some paint on today, using gunze colours plus alclad polished aluminium. plan to do some weathering tomorrow with tamiya smoke then klear ready for decals

paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

paint3.jpg

cheers

Pete

Guest snipersmudge

after a marathon decaling session today the bird is all sorted. The decals are ones kindly supplied to me by mike. I must say they are very nice with lots and lots of stencils etc to add. I have a couple of areas to touch up but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

decal3.jpg

decal4.jpg

decal5.jpg

decal6.jpg

decal7.jpg

decal9.jpg

Cheers

Pete

Guest snipersmudge

cheers guys yes these F1's are starting to grow on me! I agree Nev the walkways are a bit stark but after the decals have dried I will be going over them again with some thinned smoke then klear followed by some oils for the panel lines etc

cheers

pete