Airfix 1/48 Hawk 19(R) Squadron Spitfire scheme.

Morning folk's,

number four build was an unplanned entry,I picked up the 1/48 Gnat/Hawk Red Arrows boxing a couple of year's ago for a silly £10  and they have sat in a drawer

ever since,anyway the need to order decal's for the Spitfire Vb prompted me to also order Extradecal's sheet for the 19 Sqn scheme,it fit's in well as I have not seen

photo's of her in anything but clean condition and as this boxing of the Hawk comes with no weapons or tank's nothing is wasted!Decals arrived just now so once I

do another couple of session's on the Spitfire and Meteor which are near the finish line I'll start this to run alongside the Gladiator.Here is what I started ages ago.

26823824117_e6f04e42ea_b.jpg

• Like 7

Hi folk's,ah now I remember why I don't do jet's,they're a pain to "busy"up the cockpit's,anyway started painting and raided the decal spares 

to detail the IP.

41786387391_a2289761ce_b.jpg

• Like 4

Morning folk's only this build making progress as all the other's are at the wash stage so plodding along with them off camera,she's gone together

well but showing her age in the fit of part's now, still with a bit of flexi filler once primed should look fine.

41105892854_a8b46ae2f2_b.jpg

• Like 4

Morning all,Garden tidied,housework done so bench time for an hour mean's first coat of green applied,off today so may get a final coat on later.

40965264605_d08fde25d6_b.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tim Moff said:

Looking nice - hope my 1/32 version looks as cool!

Many thank's Tim,it will I've been checking it's progress!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarkSH said:

Very nice Steve, I do like this scheme.

Cheers, M.

Thank's Mark,gutted as I assumed the lower colour was gray seem's I now need to get out the dreded silver!

I like the colour scheme but did a bit of a double take when I saw it! It may be a jet but the colour scheme is pretty consistent with your usual output. Looking good.

Well I bit the bullet,got out the masking tape and outside gave her a couple of coat's of Halford's silver all looked well till after drying I pulled off

the tape and after admiring the nice strait edges turned over and noticed spray mist on the wing's which I didn't mask,anyway a five minute

re-paint of both  wing's with the paint very thinned and all's well.No modelling now till Monday so here she is to date.

41883694551_0583a3b427_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Well I bit the bullet,got out the masking tape and outside gave her a couple of coat's of Halford's silver all looked well till after drying I pulled off

the tape and after admiring the nice strait edges turned over and noticed spray mist on the wing's which I didn't mask,anyway a five minute

re-paint of both  wing's with the paint very thinned and all's well.No modelling now till Monday so here she is to date.

Didn't mask :nono:

That's looking good Steve, I'm suitably impressed with the Halfords metalics.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Didn't mask :nono:

That's looking good Steve, I'm suitably impressed with the Halfords metalics.

Me too Robert their standard  silver is great and I know the airliner builder's like their appliance white too,racking gray is a perfect match for Boeing gray

so they tell me.

• Like 1

What a weekend of disaster's,the decal'son the Gladiator self destructed,I've lost the lower observation window for the Buffalo and this thing has had

three upper surface re-paint's due to that horrible RAF Green fromTamiya not content with binning the bottle I launched it out of the loft window into

the field out the back of the house (sorry Friend's of the Earth).Anyway I'm a professional and rose above it and the repaint is complete and this morning

I added the U/C and popped the lower decal's on at least one build's moving in the right direction.

27078417257_93765780b0_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folk's I had a panic realising the GB end's Sunday,then realised this was in this one and not the Hawker GB just as I  started this reply I realised

my mistake,anyway last photo before Gallery,just a couple of little touch up's to do on the canopy frame.

40703857920_6e48b5aeb6_b.jpg

• Like 1