Wright Flyer 2 1904 1:16th Diorama

I bought this kit 18 years ago, started reading the plans, got a call from the museum, did 5 dioramas for them now I am back to where I began.

I had forgotten how great this kit really is.I am in information overload.I believe that this is probably one of the first static kits (not RC)that Arizona made.I will be calling them this AM to see if there have been any corrections to the plans or updated parts and pieces and inquire if there was a booklet of instructions that came with it, however, I doubt it as everything seems to be contained within the plans.

I will start with the traditional "what's in the box " pics. 

As you can see the plans are full scale with the instructions included within the plans.There really is no need for a booklet of instructions as the design is quite simple.Although the parts are fragile this would be a great place to start building static display aircraft.All the other large-scale static display aircraft including my 1/16th builds all had their problems either poor plans, instructions, or inferior materials.I am looking forward to this build.

I haven't been able to contact the fellow that I dealt with 18 years ago when I bought the kit for any updates or changes that I should be aware of as he is off this week.The above pic I got from their website which was new to me.At least it gives me an idea where to start to do all the inner wing rigging first.The tail rigging would be done later.

22 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

This is not a kit I've seen before. As an active aeromodeller (free flight and RC) I like this style of construction. Looks like a fun project though you will need a fair amount of space for the finished model!

The kit is from Arizona models in Scottsdale Arizona.They have been in business for about 20 years.I bought one of their first production models and intended to build it right away however a museum called and I have been busy with them since then.I haven't checked with them to see if they have one already.I know because of space limitations they don't take two of the same thing.We will see I guess when it is finished.I also have the plans for a 1/16th military Flyer that I could make a diorama out of for them.I am only in the planning stages right now and I am in no hurry.

• John W Reid changed the title to Wright Flyer Diorama 1:16th scale