ORP Sokół - 1/400 - Mirage

* "ORP Sokół (Polish: Falcon) was a U-class submarine (formerly HMS Urchin) built by Vickers-Armstrong at Barrow-in-Furness. Shortly after launching in September 1940 she was to be commissioned by the Royal Navy as HMS Urchin, but instead was leased to the Polish Navy due to a lack of experienced submarine crews.[citation needed] A sister boat to Dzik, both boats operated in the Mediterranean from Malta, where they became known as the 'Terrible Twins'."

* 1/400 scale Mirage kit contains PE and resin upgrades. Only resin part is nose. And it does not fit well. So it needs alot of filling and sanding.

* I scratchbuilt ladders, gun barrel, weld marks, exhaust covers etc. 

Thanks for viewing...
Çetin

8KT7vZ.jpg

8KTO5P.jpg

8KTlEm.jpg

8KTv32.jpg

8KTLDv.jpg

8KTYWC.jpg

8KToV5.jpg

8KTuvz.jpg

8KTDGT.jpg

8KTPEb.jpg

8KTfH7.jpg

8KTFXr.jpg

8KTcgF.jpg

8KTX33.jpg

8KTbN0.jpg

8KTxWD.jpg

8KTy9q.jpg

8KT5LA.jpg

8KTGGM.jpg

8KThkQ.jpg

• Like 19

Exquisite work on a little toad of a kit!

I must confess I have a somewhat masochistic fondness for Mirage's kits: lots of challenges, but once you finesse (or bully) your way through them, there's great potential. You've turned this one into a little jewel!

Cheers

• Like 1

On 27/04/2018 at 14:39, thorfinn said:

Exquisite work on a little toad of a kit!

I must confess I have a somewhat masochistic fondness for Mirage's kits: lots of challenges, but once you finesse (or bully) your way through them, there's great potential. You've turned this one into a little jewel!

Cheers

Thank you mate. I think the same as you for Mirage kits.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Great job! Your model looks really good and I know it was not easy to build it!

BTW, this is not really Mirage kit, it is much earlier one (even from '80s I think) only bought and produced by Mirage in later period. "Normal" Mirage kits are much better.

• Like 1