Hunter underwing serials in 1/32

pigsty

Part umpteen of my very slow gathering of bits for a Hunter conversion.  Stay tuned for at least twenty more years for the result!

A few years ago a very kind Britmodeller let me have some Echelon decals to add to my Flightpath parts for converting the big Revell FGA.Mk.9 to a GA.Mk.11.  Today (only today!) I realised that I had only the white decals for the serial number and the tactical code.  I don't have the black serial numbers that go under the wing.

So ... does anyone know of a source of black 1960s-style serial numbers in 1/32 that would be suitable for use in that position?  A generic sheet that supplied a range of letters and numbers would be perfect.  Alternatively, if anyone has such a sheet and could spare two sets of letters to make up WT804, I'd be very happy to slip you a couple of Flanian pobble beads for them.

The underwing serials are 24 inches in real life, which means that Xtradecal X32013, designed for Lightnings, could get you there - certainly for the numbers at least. To get the W and T, you'd have to perform some surgery on other letters on the sheet. Invert an M, and splay and extend the 'arms' to get a W; get inventive with the spare 1s to make a T?

1/32 serials

Hope this helps!

Steve

Edited by Steve Coombs
Complimentary close

Big thanks to speedy for the exact decals I needed, in double-quick time too.  Much quicker than I can promise to build the old thing!  Steve is an absolute star and I'd recommend him to anyone.

• Haha 1