Red Dwarf models?

Hello all,

does anyone know if there are any Red Dwarf models on the market these days? I know JPG Productions used to have a Starbug kit, but I can't find it on their website.

As some of the Starbug models needed for shooting Series XII were 3D printed, I would have thought these (or smaller versions) would become available as kits.

Regards,

Robert

• Like 1

Hi Robert,

I have spoken with Jimi at JPG Productions and the current moulds for Starbug are shot and need replacing, unfortunately at this moment in time I'm the only one asking for kits and Jimi would need at least 10 confirmed orders before making another set of moulds and would be the end of the year before he could do it even if he had the orders.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

On 23-4-2018 at 9:27 AM, The Chief Smeg said:

No problem Robert, as you can guess from my forum name I’m a fan if “the boys from the dwarf”

Yes, it is a bit of a giveaway :D

But much, much better than "Captain man-vegetables".  Or "Goalpost Head". Most nicknames in the series, abusive or otherwise, seem to be directed at Rimmer, with Kryten a good second.

• Haha 1

I'm a great fan of the show myself, with series 4 (especailly "Marooned") being my favorite. Although I do think that the show has run its course by now. I thought Series 10 was already showing guite a few signs of fatigue (using racism as a substory line) and Series 12 only incidentally raised a smile with me (let alone laughing out loud, except for the last episode where they mimicked the very first episode (Holly: "Yes, Arnold, they are all alive, everybody is alive, Arnold").

Now ducking for cover..

• Like 1

OK, back on topic: Warren, thanks for yor reply (both here and by e-mail).

Well, there's some good news in the bad news. It means that there is a possibility to get the kit available again! (towards the end of the year would be no problem anyway both for my wallet and my "under construction" stash).

Supposing we could get at least 10 confirmed orders, what price tag would we be looking at?

Hi Robert,

The kit retails at £145.00 plus postage, I will check with Jimi at JPG that if I can get 10 confirmed orders he will re-mould the kit.

Hi Warren,

well, that's just the price of two Tamifujigawa kits (or one 1/32 Trumpy) ;), and that for a very exclusive kit! So yes, I'm game for one of these!

Will post a new topic to raise more interest for one of these later today.

1 hour ago, planehazza said:

Mr Flibbles approves of this thread.

So can we put down Mr Fibbles for one?

Robert

5 minutes ago, RobertF said:

Hi Warren,

well, that's just the price of two Tamifujigawa kits (or one 1/32 Trumpy) ;), and that for a very exclusive kit! So yes, I'm game for one of these!

Will post a new topic to raise more interest for one of these later today.

So can we put down Mr Fibbles for one?

Robert

Not for me, sorry.  Too rich for my blood.

I can appreciate that Planehazza, it's not an amount I am used to splashing out for a model myself (well, not on a weekly basis, anyway 😉). 

On the other hand, the kits won't become available until end of this year, so if you put you kit purchases on hold for the rest of the year and concentrate on (finally) building some of your stash, you'd probably be able to afford this kit without having to resort to a Brussels Sprouts-only diet (yes, the one that Rimmer had in mind for the rest of the crew while in quarantine).

So give it another thought; you've got time and you know you want one... 🙂