Percival Provost - Brunswick green colour on wings

Blimpyboy

Hell all,

I'm re-visiting a stalled project, a Matchbox Percival Provost.

I'd like to finish it in Rhodesian or Sudanese colours and my references state that the wing upper-surfaces are Brunswick Green.

My question for you all is - which Brunswick Green, from the BS381C chart, is the most appropriate for these aircraft: 225/Light Brunswick Green, 226/Mid Brunswick Green or 227/Deep Brunswick Green

Thanks in advance for any help

When originally delivered, Royal Rhodesian Air Force Provosts were indeed painted silver with green upper wings; SR136-139 were 'Forest Green' while all the others were Brunswick Green. As to which shade of Brunswick Green, I do not know, and my Sudanese S+M Provost will be painted with Humbrol no.3. If in doubt, go with the middle option.

17 minutes ago, neilfergylee said:

Silly question but it's not related to BR's Brunswick Green is it?

Probably.  BR  used BS381c colours. But which Brunswick green was used on the wing is still the question!

Selwyn

• Like 1

While NOT answering the question, have a look at this link:-http://rhodesianforces.org/No4Sqnferry.htm

Picture 3 - Wing uppers are darker than the fuselage, but to my eyes, not as dark as the anti glare panel.

Yes, I know you can't judge colour from a B&W photo, but they aren't NMF, Black or day-glo.........

Sadly, the ferry pilot doesn't state the colour of the upper surfaces of either mainplanes or horizontal tail surfaces.

Paul

Hello all,

Thanks very much for all your help.

I've decided to go for Forest Green for a Rhodesian example and will lash out on ebay to get another provost, and finish it in Sudanese colours with Humbrol No3 (Brunswick green).

I really appreciate all the help, hopefully I'll post some pictures of a finished Provost soon!