Question on RN colours

zed

This may not be the right forum for this question, but what were vehicle colours for Royal Naval dockyard vehicles during WWII?

I am looking specifically at a vehicle that served at Chatham, Portsmouth and Scapa during the war.  It was a one off and survived the war to be sold into trade in the 1950's but I am interested in its war service.

I have a 1939 picture when it was being evaluated but interested in its service colours.

Any help appreciated.

Graham,

Sorry if I didn't make it clear.  The picture that I have is in the light grey of the prototype version and I want to know what it would have been in service and I don't have a picture in that scheme.  So just wondering what a typical scheme would have been?  

I should also add that searches so far have shown both a dark navy blue and a lighter blue-grey, but they are on restored vehicles and I am not sure whether they are authentic.

Graham

Edited by zed
Added detail

Early war was apparently a dark sea-grey with white over the mudguards to make visible in blackout (similar in style to the "Pool Board"), while later war everything used the camo of the army style. Mike Starmer is the paint expert for vehicles.

Hope this helps, but also would like to see the picture.