Kinetic M3A3 Bradley CFV

My first Kinetic kit.  Doesn't look too bad compared to the Meng M3A3.  Going to try it without all of all of the reactive armor

add-ons. The running gear is really hidden with the upper hull sitting in place.  Link and length tracks which is much better than

Meng's individual links on their Bradleys. 

q7UZvA1.jpgImajeLo.jpgB2Agqsf.jpg

• Like 6

Got the running gear done on both sides and one run of track in place.  The track looks ok but most will be hidden. Started on the turret and positioned

some of the hatches.

Without the ERA there are 35 bolt heads to add to the glacis and another 18 for the sides. They give you lots of bolt heads on one sprue

runner but not looking forward to adding them at all.

They did a decent job on the anti-slip which is good after I botched the anti-slip on that Merkava a while back.

Here it is this AM.

N4Hvuxz.jpgnmu3VgG.jpgM2vfWqJ.jpgD17eOvR.jpgbOIOryk.jpgeOQu7Zu.jpg

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 4

Thanks Phil

Yes it looks ok so far. That second track can wait until tomorrow though.

Other than a little warping at the rear of the upper hull which some clamps and rubber bands will fix the fits have been good.

My first Kinetic kit and it's not bad, lots of detail and excellent moulding.

Take care,

Lloyd

Are the bolt heads the slice-off-the-sprue-and-glue-on type, or are they moulded as separate pieces with little tails?  I'm suspecting the former.

If so, why not get hold of some bolt heads from EDM?  These have tails and you will need to drill holes in the right places for them, but they are a lot easier to deal with.  I always find it difficult to get the slice-off type completely flat and a consistent thickness.

http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/Details/NBW/nbw.html

Hi Das

Yes they are the slice-off the sprue bolt heads and not fun to work with but I'll try.  Thanks for the tip about the NBW bolt heads.

I'm thinking I might mount the brackets for the ERA but not the armour itself and thus not need as many bolt heads.  I'll do a trial fit of

the brackets only and see what they look like.

Lloyd

Thanks Stix

It's all assembled now except for the second track run and all of those bolt heads on the glacis and the sides. There

must be 100 parts in that turret, even without the ERA armour. Pretty involved and I'll have to add the armour glass

plates around the commander's hatch after painting as they would be tricky to mask. 

Not a bad kit at all, right up there with Meng and Takom. The instructions are a little vague in spots but everything fits.

Take care,

Lloyd

Hi Richard

Yes it just falls together.  The turret is a bit tedious with all of the detail and the "cut off the sprue and glue on" bolt heads are going to be fun but I didn't

want the version with the ERA armour.  This one will be in a NATO scheme rather than the more common desert sand.

The carpet monster got one antenna base so it has an antenna off an Abrams, will look ok with paint I hope.

Take care,

Lloyd 

Edited by BlackMax12

Finally got those 53 bolt heads in place. Not too much fun. No ERA armour.

Here it is in mostly black tonight and maybe some NATO Green and NATO Brown tomorrow. Needs a black touch up in spots but the camo should cover most.

cOHsgGJ.jpgFaybs7Z.jpgkIebx2h.jpgMxsbycr.jpgSAIpaFD.jpg5DqWSuk.jpg

• Like 1