F4F-4 Wildcat

9 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

Oh no!! Look at the yellow on the prop blades! I didn't see that until after I'd posted the photos here.

Don't worry Roger, it doesn't spoil the overall effect - nice job B)

Cheers,

Stew

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Good looking Wildcat Roger :thumbsup: ... Bit confused with the yellow comments ? What am I missing ? 

Thanks very much Dennis.

If you look at the prop blades, particularly on the second photo, you can see yellow showing through the black. The yellow tips were painted first on a white background and then masked and the black painted next. I must have only given them a light coat because you can still see the yellow through the black. They looked okay in my cabin at work. :swear:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Nicely done model, only noticed the prop issue when you pointed it out!

Thanks very much Colin. 

It's barely noticeable to the naked eye but as usual the camera has highlighted it like it has flashing neon lights. :D

1 hour ago, Roger Newsome said:

Thanks very much Dennis.

If you look at the prop blades, particularly on the second photo, you can see yellow showing through the black. The yellow tips were painted first on a white background and then masked and the black painted next. I must have only given them a light coat because you can still see the yellow through the black. They looked okay in my cabin at work. :swear:

Just looks like the yellow primer wearing through.

• Like 1