Buffalo Bill's Stagecoach,buiilding the model using pics.

This is a pic of his stage when it was delivered back to the factory of its birth.It was unfortunately subsequently restored to its original condition to become just another stagecoach in a museum.It was deleted of all it's rich history and I was attempting to restore it in miniature to its original condition.

14 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Do you know it's possible to put all this and multiple photos into one post.

Yes, I know that but when I post a large pic there is nowhere to post the text and I like to post some text with each pic.Thank you for the heads up, Cheers! John.

Edited by John W Reid
text added

8 minutes ago, John W Reid said:

Yes, I know that but when I post a large pic there is nowhere to post the text and I like to post some text with each pic.Thank you for the heads up, Cheers! John.

You can put text either before or after any of the pictures in the same way that pictures can be but one after another.

Fantastic model - what scale is it?

54 minutes ago, Gorby said:

You can put text either before or after any of the pictures in the same way that pictures can be but one after another.

Fantastic model - what scale is it?

It is 1:12 scale.Thank you for your kind words.

A very nice scale to work with as you can put lots of detail in it and I love detail and weathering.

• John W Reid changed the title to Buffalo Bill's Stagecoach&Building the model.

This is not a out of the box build but it is one of the most complex builds that I have done just from pics.It originally was a kit but now it is 90% scratch.It also was a long build with lots of research involved.It is unique and I don't think that there is another in the world built this way.it would be of special interest to those modelers that don't want to scratch build but want to come as close as possible to that kind of build.Why reinvent the wheel when there is a" how to." out there, with plans and an instruction booklet and all the materials required.Bob Crane is the kind of builder that I trust but that doesn't mean that I didn't do a lot of research before buying the kit.I have all the pics required for a step by step but it will be a long project as I also have a Bleriot Engine to finish and am at the present time researching how to build the Wright Flyer.

Traditionally I guess it begins with showing the box and what is inside.

Edited by John W Reid
text

• John W Reid changed the title to Buffalo Bill's Stagecoach,buiilding the model using pics.

Some parts are metal.my favorite method of painting them is to clean the part, as usual, I use Comet a household an abrasive and a toothbrush.Then I use clear gesso, never white, because if it chips you will have white flecks all over your work.Then using acrylic paint, in this case, JoSonja matt and a little water to the consistency of 15% cream or thereabouts and paint it with a brush.(I gave away my airbrush years ago as it  is not required for my style of painting)In this case, I used Raw Umber because I will be finishing with Burnt Sienna pastels.

Edited by John W Reid